Make npc hero use ability

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi people.

I have a problem with my neutral hostile hero.
The hero will spawn when /boss1 is typed. The hero will here after be upgraded to level 25. Works like a charm.
The problem, however, is the Shadow Strike ability (could be any other ability as well) I have given the hero in the "unit" editor. For some reason the hero do not use this.

Is it because I have to make the neutral hero learn the ability by trigger?

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
Not entirely sure if it would use it even if it had it (not very adept in anything AI related)
but it's quite likely you would have to give the ability levels via trigger :|

Code:
Unit - Set level of Shadow Strike for (Triggering unit) to 25

0WN3D

Reaction score
Nope... Most of the time enemies will not use theirs spells.... One way of making them use is by.... TRIGGERS!! ^^ jus a simple periodic time tat checks if a enemy is in range with ur hero then order it to cast its spell... Good Luck

Solu9

Reaction score
Hmm I found that the hero didn't even get the abilities when it spawned. Instead of using "Unit - Add Shadow Strike to triggering unit" I use "Unit - Add Shadow Strike to last created unit". Now the hero gets the abilities AND actually uses them.

Sui-cookie

Reaction score
yeah :p if you create the unit in the trigger, than it has nothing to do with the initialization of that trigger... so it couldn't be "triggering unit"

it would just be "last created unit" glad you figured it out x]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.