Make unit use ability randomly

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I have a unit which loses an ability at 50% health and gains another. The problem is that the unit wont use the new ability. I know there is a problem with NPCs having trouble using their abilities so I decided to make it use it via a trigger.

Trigger:
  • Remove resistance
    • Events
      • Unit - Unknown Bellor the Guardian 0011 <gen>'s life becomes Less than or equal to 450.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove Physical Immunity (Bellor) from Unknown Bellor the Guardian 0011 <gen>
      • Unit - Add Slam (Bellor the Guardian) (Neutral Hostile) to Unknown Bellor the Guardian 0011 <gen>
      • Wait 5.00 seconds

So there are two options now. Either I can make the unit use the ability then use "wait" and make it use it again and do this over and over and over. OR I can make it use the ability at random in the time frame of, let's say, 30-40sec and repeat it. I just don't know how.

TomTTT

Reaction score
Pretty simple.
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - every 30 seconds of game-time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnitGroup = (All units in (Playable map area) matching ((Matched unit) unit-type is equal to Unknown Bellor the Guardian))
      • Unit Group - Pick all units in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Issue (Picked unit) to Slam
      • Custom Script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup)

Now the cast it self is
Unit - Issue (Picked unit) to Slam
I'm not sure if it's a point/unit/instant ability, so check all.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
wouldn't you just order the unit to cast the base spell from the order list? like using dummy units?

Solu9

Reaction score
wouldn't you just order the unit to cast the base spell from the order list? like using dummy units?

Then you must explain. Im not especially advanced in working with triggers. Only very simple ones.

Solu9

Reaction score
Pretty simple.
Trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - every 30 seconds of game-time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set UnitGroup = (All units in (Playable map area) matching ((Matched unit) unit-type is equal to Unknown Bellor the Guardian))
      • Unit Group - Pick all units in UnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Issue (Picked unit) to Slam
      • Custom Script: call DestroyGroup(udg_UnitGroup)

Now the cast it self is
Unit - Issue (Picked unit) to Slam
I'm not sure if it's a point/unit/instant ability, so check all.

I can't seem to find the Unit - Issue (Picked unit) to Slam.
I can find Issue order targeting a unit, point, destructible and an item.

educator

Reaction score
unit- use ability with no target and find the slam base ability in the list, also, i reccomend the timer to b random, eg, btween 20 and 35

inevit4ble

Reaction score
unit- use ability with no target and find the slam base ability in the list, also, i reccomend the timer to b random, eg, btween 20 and 35
just to be clear it "Unit - Issue order targeting" no target/target unit/target point or target item depending on the spell

romanandre

Reaction score
You can make a periodic event using math - random number between 30 and 40 , and issue order targeting point/unit/no target.
It will look like this
Trigger:
  • Help
    • Events
      • Time - Every (Random real number between 30.00 and 40.00) seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order Unknown Bellor the Guardian to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning AtkTarget

You change the string "Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning" to the spell you started off slam.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.