Make units uncontrollable

Arberden

Reaction score
Hi, i am currently making a 6v6 map that is an aos.I made a post before asking how this was done and i had a reply.They said use neutral victim and neutral extra or use player 1 and 7 but make the units uncontrollable.
I tried the neutral victim and extra but they were attacked by my hero and even gave gold for their kill.I tried the other method but cant seem to make a unit uncontrollable. Thanks in advance

0WN3D

Reaction score
Im nvr rly sure about that as i dont bother to make 6v6... i think you can do it with forces property.... If ait fails you can always trigger the unit to stop...

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Hi, i am currently making a 6v6 map that is an aos.I made a post before asking how this was done and i had a reply.They said use neutral victim and neutral extra or use player 1 and 7 but make the units uncontrollable.
I tried the neutral victim and extra but they were attacked by my hero and even gave gold for their kill.I tried the other method but cant seem to make a unit uncontrollable. Thanks in advance

If you use neutral, you'll need to use triggers to change the aspects of alliances.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
basically at initialization make players 1 through 6 allied to neutral victim and against neutral passive and players 7 through 12 do it visa versa, then when a unit owned by one of the neutrals is created change the color to one you choose. its how dota 6v6 was made.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
To make a unit uncontrollable, you'll need to do a bit of things.

You need to give the unit the "ward" classification. This basically removes all command icons (such as Move, Patrol, etc) from the unit. However, this still allows the player to give the unit a "smart" order. Thus, you need a trigger to combat this.

Trigger:
  • Remove Control
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)
      • Set TempPoint = SomePoint <-- This is set to the location where you want the creeps to attack-move to
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To TempPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Trigger - Turn on (this trigger)

This will cause the units to continually attack-move towards the specified location. The only problem with this method it's not actually making units uncontrollable. It simply causes the units to be given an attack-move order when receiving any other order.

Arberden

Reaction score
To make a unit uncontrollable, you'll need to do a bit of things.

You need to give the unit the "ward" classification. This basically removes all command icons (such as Move, Patrol, etc) from the unit. However, this still allows the player to give the unit a "smart" order. Thus, you need a trigger to combat this.

Trigger:
  • Remove Control
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 7 (Green)
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (this trigger)
      • Set TempPoint = SomePoint <-- This is set to the location where you want the creeps to attack-move to
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Attack-Move To TempPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Trigger - Turn on (this trigger)

This will cause the units to continually attack-move towards the specified location. The only problem with this method it's not actually making units uncontrollable. It simply causes the units to be given an attack-move order when receiving any other order.

It works but i have a question.How do i do the same for the towers .Must i use Gfreak45 method.If so can explain how to make neutral team with other players

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Use this function.

Trigger:
  • Alliance
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 6, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make Neutral Victim treat (Player((Integer A))) as an Ally with shared vision
          • Player - Make (Player((Integer A))) treat Neutral Victim as an Ally with shared vision
      • For each (Integer A) from 7 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Player - Make Neutral Extra treat (Player((Integer A))) as an Ally with shared vision
          • Player - Make (Player((Integer A))) treat Neutral Extra as an Ally with shared vision

DioD

Reaction score
this will make every projectile visible over fog of war...

try to read embedded comments of GUI, you shoud never share vision of neutrals.

Arberden

Reaction score
Eh this problem has been solved but now i have a new problem. After fighting for awhile, the creeps will run away from battle. I unchecked the can flee but it was useless. I do not want to edit the neutral return range in gameplay constants as i still have neutral hostile that is not helping any team

evilwolf

Reaction score
Hmmm...
Thats the first problem I run into when making an AOS map...
Try these methods:

1. If a Hero cast an ability on the creep and the creep won't move, do this:
Unit-A unit finishes casting an ability,
Action- Order Target unit of ability being cast to attack-move to position of ....

2. If you creeps runs away at low hp try this.
Unit- A unit is attacked
Condition - Life of attacked unit lesser or equal to 50
Action- Order attacked to attack-move to position of ....

3. If you have this action: Use meele Ai for computer players then DELETE it!

4. Make multiple regions, I just spam like 20 regions, if a creep enters any of them they will be forced to attack the enemy base.
No running away!

5. Periodic Order:
Every 1 second of the game
Pick every unit in all units and do
Order picked unit to attack enemy base.

6. Edit the neutral return range
Create a region where your creeps are, if the creep leaves it will be forced to go back.

Thats is all...

Arberden

Reaction score
1.The creeps just retreat even if no hero is selected.That makes your first point useless.
2.I have a fountain in the middle of the map so when they retreat it is around full hp
3.I don't understand what you mean by that
4.I am trying that now.
5.Will try that if 4 doesnt work.
6.Isn't that the same as 4?

EDIT: 4: doesnt work. it will make the creeps go in the correct direction but they keep turning round and round and gather around the middle
5:It works but it causes the units to stop every second after a new command is given which is not good
Can anyone tell me how icefrog does his dota 6v6.If u dont have the map heres the link http://www.epicwar.com/maps/160421

evilwolf

Reaction score
1.The creeps just retreat even if no hero is selected.That makes your first point useless.
2.I have a fountain in the middle of the map so when they retreat it is around full hp
3.I don't understand what you mean by that
4.I am trying that now.
5.Will try that if 4 doesnt work.
6.Isn't that the same as 4?

EDIT: 4: doesnt work. it will make the creeps go in the correct direction but they keep turning round and round and gather around the middle
5:It works but it causes the units to stop every second after a new command is given which is not good
Can anyone tell me how icefrog does his dota 6v6.If u dont have the map heres the link http://www.epicwar.com/maps/160421
Weird, cause all of those ideas worked for me...
3 means that is you have this action:
Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
Then Delete it! It often screws up your game...
6 is not the same as 4, 6 means that edit your creep return range/time, then create a region where your NEUTRAL HOSTILE creeps are, when ever your NE creep steps out of the region it will be forced to go back...
Heres another method:
Make a custom AI
Go to targeting priorities...
Add "Common alliance target" and Enemy- "Any Town"
And make sure you have a enemy town hall in the enemy base.
Then import and run the AI for Neutral players.
Turn off the trigger after running the AI though...

evilwolf

Reaction score
Problem solved, it has to do with neutral return range!
Heres a Demo map, its simple but it works perfectly!

Attachments

• (12)6v6 Hero Defense Demo Map.w3x
    21 KB · Views: 424
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.