Making a campaign, need help...

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I'm on my forth level, Kerrigan is inside an underground facility, and I need to know what conditions and effects you need to make it so that a door opens and closes. Here's what I have (it doesn't work):

For: Player 4 (You)
Condition: Player 4 brings at least 1 any unit to 'Test'.
Effects: Enable Doodad state for left upper level door for current player at 'Test'.
Preserve Trigger.

HELP!

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
I've never really used StarEdit all that much, but if it's anything like Warcraft III World Editor, then maybe I could help. I don't know the terminiology for StarEdit but the logic seems to be the same. When doors are opened, they are considered dead, and when they're closed, they're alive. So check if the door is dead (not destroyed) and do your actions from there.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Sorry, no, I know how to make doors ope nand close on warcraft III (as you said, alive when closed and dead when open), but starcraft is different. The doors are doodads, and under Starcraft, , there are certain doodads you can enable/disable/toggle (doors, gun traps, missle traps, etc.). Why it's not working for me is a mystery, so I really need help on this. Whoever helps will get the credit of "Tech Support" when I'm finished with it and start to sell it.

P.S.-I've also tried using the right upper level door.

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
Disable = "disables" the door and therefore opens it.
Enable = "enables" the door and therefore closes it.

P

Palolwen

Palolwen

Aye, "enable" + "disable" will do the trick but you could also use "toggle doodad state for Left/Right Pit Door For all players"

Should work and save you a trigger =D

Best of wishis
Billy Teh Kid [Us West) SCX

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Still, no...

Sorry, it still doesn't work. I've tried toggle, enable, disable, I've tried other players (enemies, neutral), and it still doesn't work.

P.S. - Yes, the location is over the door completely.

P

PalolwenB

Hmm

I'm sorry but I don't know why it's not working... it simply should. Make sure you have the correct doodad state door listed such as left pit door, instead of right pit door if it is infact a right pit door. If all else failes ionno... you can try making 2 locations so that you step onto "location a" and it toggle doodad state for "location b", but you should'nt have to unless you werent bringing the unit close enough to the door...

P

PalolwenB

Oh and...

I'm not sure if when u said you tried different players that you already tried this... Make sure if it sais "current player brings at least bleh bleh bleh etc..." make sure that if your going to say toggle doodad state for current player make sure the door is owned by that current player"... Or better yet, make it toggle doodad state for player 7 and make sure when u create the door its owned by player 7.

P.S. I'm not sure if the doors are neutral for players or not... I would think so, but if thats true then there shouldnt be a toggle for a specefied player... but w/e.

S

SA_Max71

seph ir oth said:
I'm on my forth level, Kerrigan is inside an underground facility, and I need to know what conditions and effects you need to make it so that a door opens and closes. Here's what I have (it doesn't work):

For: Player 4 (You)
Condition: Player 4 brings at least 1 any unit to 'Test'.
Effects: Enable Doodad state for left upper level door for current player at 'Test'.
Preserve Trigger.

HELP!

Your trigger looks just fine if you change it from "current player" to "all players". If you do this, then it should work. I don't know why a door can't be owned by a human player.

PalolwenB said:
I'm not sure if when u said you tried different players that you already tried this... Make sure if it sais "current player brings at least bleh bleh bleh etc..." make sure that if your going to say toggle doodad state for current player make sure the door is owned by that current player"... Or better yet, make it toggle doodad state for player 7 and make sure when u create the door its owned by player 7.

P.S. I'm not sure if the doors are neutral for players or not... I would think so, but if thats true then there shouldnt be a toggle for a specefied player... but w/e.
No, that won't work, because:

1. You can't make a doodad be owned by a human player (at least, I have yet to see a map that does this).
2. I have very little succses with using the "toogle doodad state". If I created the same trigger, but used enable/disable doodad state, it would work just fine.

J

JaRaCz

and pay attention to that:

Left upper level door - A door in "Wall" tiles running from lower left to upper right.
Right upper level door - A door in "Wall" tiles running from lower right to upper left.
Left pit door - A door in "Substructure Wall" tiles running from lower left to upper right.
Right pit door - A door in "Substructure Wall" tiles running from lower right to upper left.

I think it obviously leads to mistake

G

Gherthy

Ok to make your door always open when your units come nearby and make it close when they are far here is the solution :

Conditions : <--- (for open door)
- All player brings at least 1 any units to "(name of your zone).
- "(name of your switch)" is cleared.
Actions:
- Toogle doodad state for "(whatever kind of door you using) for all player at "(name of your zone).
- Set "(name of your switch).
- Preserve trigger.

Conditions : <--- (for closing door)
- All player brings at most 0 any units to "(name of your zone).
- "(name of your switch)" is set.
Actions :
- Toogle doodad state for "(whatever kind of door you using) for all player at "(name of your zone).
- Clear "(name of your switch).
- Preserve trigger.

This should works.

Gherthy

D

Dark templer

Made a campaign no it wont work....

I made a campaign with buildings and all this cool stuff but when i went to play it it was not right i wasn't in the right spot and all the buildings and trigers and disapered.

V

victimchild

uberfoop said:
thats the best bump this forum has had for a long time.

That's pretty embarassing because this was a door problem. Still, the forum serves its intention.

L

LazyCoder

Doors have always pissed me off. (Well they used to anyways)

here's how I remember it:
If you think about two doors of different directions that go together like a '^' then the one on the left is the left door, and the one on the right is the right door.
/ = left
\ = right

Then it is easy to remember.

Also:
Enable = Up/Closed
Disable = Down/Open

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.