Tutorial Making a Tower Defense

Does this help you at all?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • A little

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • It would if I didnt know how to do this.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I

IceHeart

For this tutorial i will be making a basic Tower Defense.

Open up World Editor, or World Editor Unlimited. I will be using World Editor Unlimited which you can download here, http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Tools&ID=17

Okay,
step one: choose the size of you map, and the tileset you would like.
Only terrain half of the map, because then you can copy it and mirror it to make the map symmetrical for balancing issues. When your done with the terrain uncheck all boxes that you had checked and select your half of the map with the terrain. Go into Advanced ----> View Entire Map, this will make the next step easier. Then hit Control + C to copy the terrain you just did. Then hit Control + V to paste your terrain down. Line it up as best as you can then left click.
Now that you have done that select the part you just pasted and go into Edit ----> Mirror Selection Horizontaly, this will flip the terrain around so that it is the exact opposite of the other side of the map, therefore resulting in almost identical terrain.

Then Create a region in every spot where you would like a spawn to be. (it can be 2 regions or it can be 1)

Then set up a region everywhere you would like a creep to have to walk to before heading to the loading position. Then create towers and builders.

I attached the files with the triggers you will need for creating the triggers for everything. If i am missing anything please tell me.

Also i would have attached screen shots, but my IMG code is off and have no idea how to turn it on. and uploading a screen shot would require a lot more maximum space.

Attachments

• How to create a TDorMaul.txt
    6.7 KB · Views: 836
  • The Misc. Triggers and Terrain..txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 736
I

IceHeart

well i look through that at LEAST 7 times, and never ONCE did i find out how to make units spawn for a certain level, or anything related to changing unit spawns. :(

C

Cs_Cara

but next lvl spawn, timer? i make when brown food is equal to 0

B

binary

i have read that link to that other td tut and i have read that and found it not as usefull it tells you what it is about but step by step on making one would be better so let me read the one posted here and i will tell u whats better

-----

well i read it and i can tell ya now it is much better. much better details in this tut

-----------

well i have been working on this till the early hours of thw morning and still can not get all the trigers into this game, this is my first td map and i just can't get around it.

would it be any trobble in getting help with the trigers on this tutorial i ahve been googleing and looking on the site but i can't find the information.

any help would be great

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.