Making a unit COMPLETELY invisible?

chiem

Reaction score
So I have this spell called permanent invisibility. What it does is that it makes the unit permanently invisible.

I have set the duration to 0 seconds, so when it attacks, it will still stay invisible.

But my problem is, how do we make an invisible unit COMPLETELY invisible? Meaning that it will bypass all detectors and that nothing could detect it what so ever?

*edit*
Oh, and is it possible to make them invisible from teammates too and making it so that no one can see them, except the owner?

jhnam95

Reaction score
The best you can do is make the model really really small and remove shadows so it's nearly undetectable. Make it undetectable in the minimap and if any other player tries to select it, deselect it. That's about as close as you can get I think.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
First you set the unit's animation to 100% transparency. Next, you give the unit the Locust ability, then you hide the "Show on minimap" function in the object editor. That's it! You have an unselectable, totally invisible unit. Give it invulnerability if you don't want it to even get hit.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
That was a very bad answer, because locust means the owner can't even control the unit, and if you remove the ability, a lot of bugs could happen....

THUNDERPOWER

Reaction score
In the trigger editor I believe you can set the alpha value for a unit to 100 (or is it 0?) to make the unit completely invisible.
I could be wrong tho. Haven't touched the editor in a while.

chiem

Reaction score
Thank you guys, I really appretiate it :). But i was wondering if there's a way of doing it where I still see it :), but not enemies nor teammates. I know I sound rediculous :p Making a cool map here xD. Thank you!!!

canons200

Reaction score
i think...........make a unit that is completely invisible by undetectable by ward, it is more or less making that unit "that game is my world" or in other mean, it is more or less equal to invulnerable.
so in short, if everyone use it, that is, winning of the game.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
That was a very bad answer, because locust means the owner can't even control the unit, and if you remove the ability, a lot of bugs could happen....

I disagree. It is the answer he asked for. He said "how do we make an invisible unit COMPLETELY invisible? Meaning that it will bypass all detectors and that nothing could detect it what so ever?"
Now to me that also means you can't select it or see it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i would say change the units classification to somewhat the detector abilitys do not target. make your unit for example an "ancient" and change the targets allowed for the detector/true sight abilitys to "non-ancient".

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
Now to me that also means you can't select it or see it.

sigh. read below, also im pretty sure he'll still need to control it in some way
But i was wondering if there's a way of doing it where I still see it :), but not enemies nor teammates.

and yea, combine what me and accname said and it should be fine

SanKakU

Reaction score
wow...almost all the post in this thread are arguing over who found the solution first when the solution hasn't been found...
i would say change the units classification to somewhat the detector abilitys do not target. make your unit for example an "ancient" and change the targets allowed for the detector/true sight abilitys to "non-ancient".
this sounds like it's worth a shot...
but how do you account for keeping the unit invisible while attacking?
wait a moment...did chiem already give the answer i was asking for? probably...

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
wow...almost all the post in this thread are arguing over who found the solution first when the solution hasn't been found...

this sounds like it's worth a shot...
but how do you account for keeping the unit invisible while attacking?
wait a moment...did chiem already give the answer i was asking for? probably...

the ability permanent invisiblity of the spirit wolves lvl 3 does make them invisible while attacking/casting if the duration is set to 0.00

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
to keep team-mates from seeing it, while being able to see it yourself would mean that shared vision is turned off

also, you could just limit everything that reveals invisibility in your map as well, couldn't you? or do you want multiple types of invisibility? if you want multiple types of invisibility, I suggest you trigger all other invis detectors so that they do not affect units with this ability, I think that is the best and simplest way

also, locust would mean that it doesn't get hit by AOE spells, im imagining AOE would be the best counter to this ability

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
Hide the unit on all computers,
Then unhide the unit locally, on your own PC.

Problem solved o_O

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.