Making a Wait Without Waits...

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
Yes there is ?!

Reinventing the Craft, which has just been "relaunched" allows for programming in WC3 :D

wait whaaat? there IS a program for that? O.O
care to link it so i can test it when i get time?^^

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
If you use GUI, use waits. If you use Jass, use timers. Creating timers and hashtables to get "more accurate waits" in GUI isn't really worth the effort. It's not like most maps don't use waits where timers could have been more accurate.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you use GUI, use waits. If you use Jass, use timers. Creating timers and hashtables to get "more accurate waits" in GUI isn't really worth the effort. It's not like most maps don't use waits where timers could have been more accurate.

I suppose waits are fine if you're alright with inaccuracy.

But, for speed freaks and accuracy freaks, use timers.

Then again, speed and accuracy freaks use JASS.

polo2005

Reaction score
actually you aint telling us in what case you want to make wait mui...

wait 0.20 can surly be mui if you know how to use it...

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
actually you aint telling us in what case you want to make wait mui...

wait 0.20 can surly be mui if you know how to use it...

._.

I dont want to use
Trigger:
  • Wait whatever seconds

I think i have said this in like 5 posts.
I want a MUI wait which isnt
Trigger:
  • Wait whatever seconds
that line.
Tell me if it's possible. :thup:

polo2005

Reaction score
and i think i hve told you that, that line IS MUI if you use it right...
there is no such thing as not mui or mui in a one lane command

based on WHAT you want to use that wait for, its mui or not... give us an example on what you want to sue the wait for.

SanKakU

Reaction score
I think you have to use a timer system and then call the functions from the timer system in your triggers with your waiting.

the reason you need to use jass for the timer systems is because those systems have functions that you have to call. in gui you don't have functions...you have events, conditions, actions and those are all converted to functions when you convert to jass.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Chaos Knight.

You cannot make MUI triggers if you do not understand what stops a trigger from being MUI in the first place.

It is the way your trigger handles the data that determines whether the trigger can work for multiple instances. Even triggers without waits can be single instance triggers if you don't design it right.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
There's no tutorial on MUI triggers because there's no definite method. What you can do is post a trigger and ask why it isn't MUI and what method would make it MUI. A GUI'er should start by learning how to use local variables and Hashtables (or an indexing system).

polo2005

Reaction score
There's no tutorial on MUI triggers because there's no definite method. What you can do is post a trigger and ask why it isn't MUI and what method would make it MUI. A GUI'er should start by learning how to use local variables and Hashtables (or an indexing system).

if you haven't learned anything of these yet, why ont start dirrectly with jass and skip the pain to learn it later? :p

well indexing or hashtable should be the easiest to start with fi you want to make GUI MUI spells, since i think locals is more like classed as JASS.

polo2005

Reaction score
still varrius on what you want to use it for... for example, hashtables is useless if you got no waits.
jass is useless if you dont have the time or dont want to learn.
timers is better than waits if you want to have one more seperate trigger for you wait effect (wich i dont)
waits in gui/jass(TSA) is MUI if you sue it correctly
GUI doesn't have support for locals, so you will need to use custom scripts for using them.
Multiple Unit Instance(Right me)
Makes it possible to cast 2 abilities of same type at the same time.

No... it makes it posbile to cast 2 abilities of the same type with the same player.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
still varrius on what you want to use it for... for example, hashtables is useless if you got no waits.
Hashtables are also epic for a lot of other things, the best example being timer systems.

jass is useless if you dont have the time or dont want to learn.
JASS does not take a long time to learn, but people are too lazy to learn it.

timers is better than waits if you want to have one more seperate trigger for you wait effect (wich i dont)
If you want to have separate triggers? I don't think people use timers so that they can use extra triggers...

waits in gui/jass(TSA) is MUI if you sue it correctly
It is, but I still discourage the use of TSA.

GUI doesn't have support for locals, so you will need to use custom scripts for using them.
There is a way to mix GUI and JASS, I think in NewGen.

No... it makes it posbile to cast 2 abilities of the same type with the same player.
MUI means that, no matter how much you abuse the spell and over cast it, it won't bug from overwriting variables and stuff. I don't want to say it won't bug at all, but I think you get the ideal

polo2005

Reaction score
Hashtables are also epic for a lot of other things, the best example being timer systems.

if you have no waits == no use of waits, what use do you have for a timer system? Oo

JASS does not take a long time to learn, but people are too lazy to learn it.
== dont want to learn

If you want to have separate triggers? I don't think people use timers so that they can use extra triggers...
how do you use timers in gui without a separate trigger?...

It is, but I still discourage the use of TSA.

guess all have their own taste

There is a way to mix GUI and JASS, I think in NewGen.
there is no function for JASS mix in NewGen that i have seen... ofc it could be in the newest NewGen version since i'm still using c.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
if you have no waits == no use of waits, what use do you have for a timer system? Oo
People use timers for other stuff.

== dont want to learn
No, equals they don't understand and can't figure it out.

how do you use timers in gui without a separate trigger?...
You don't, I never said you could...

guess all have their own taste
Actually, I don't use TSA because it's not accurate, especially in low waits.

there is no function for JASS mix in NewGen that i have seen... ofc it could be in the newest NewGen version since i'm still using c.
Then it's in EGUI or WEU or something.

polo2005

Reaction score
People use timers for other stuff.
as? what more than diffrent types of waiting persiods can you use a timer? if you wait for a timer to become x, its still a type of a wait.
No, equals they don't understand and can't figure it out.
in wich way does:
if you dont have the time or dont want to learn.
mean they don't understand and can't figure it out?
You don't, I never said you could...
And I said that timers req another trigger?
Then it's in EGUI or WEU or something.
I heared EGUI have its own issues, for example crashing maps, does it even work proper? Also WEU is 100% trash IMO.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.