Making an item that makes the hero invulnerable to certain attack types

zom

Reaction score
For my rpg i want to make an item that makes the hero invulnerable to chaos attacks. Any1 know how to do that?:confused:

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
-Give the unit the Ancient Classification and make all units with Chaos damage unable to attack Ancients. Change the text displayed in the Game Interface. However, this will not work if its possible for units/heroes to change to Chaos Damage during the game.

-Is there an armor type that you are not using in your map? (For example, divine armor). Then I recommend going into Gameplay Constants, setting the defence % exactly as hero armor, but a 100% or 99% defence against Chaos Damage. Also go into the Game Interface and change the armor to look exactly the same as the normal hero armor. Give that armor to the hero. This will not make him totally invurnable, but practically invurnable, and can be abused when fighting against AI.

-Another suggestion is to trigger it. Maybe if a unit is ordered to attack a hero with this item, and the unit has chaos damage, order the unit to "stop". There might be smoother ways of doing this :eek:

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, the Elune's Grace ability decreases the amount of damage caused by Piercing damage ... I think you can change the attack type. Then just set the amount reduced to 100% and set the boolean for the ability as item ability to true.

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If I'm not wrong, the Elune's Grace ability decreases the amount of damage caused by Piercing damage ... I think you can change the attack type. Then just set the amount reduced to 100% and set the boolean for the ability as item ability to true.

I am quite sure Elune's grace is only for piercing and magic damage, and that you cannot change that :(

(That would be if you totally remade the system in gameplay constants, so that Chaos damage takes the place of piercing damage :rolleyes:)

babblejoe23

Reaction score
change the unit classification of all the chaos units witch suicidal..

then add an hardened skin ability to the item.

change the ignored damage to 9999999, the minimum damage to 0, and chance to reduce damage to 100%. Lastly change the targets allowed to suicidal...

With this, all units with suicidal classification will deal no damage to the unit carrying the item however, the carrier is still vulnerable and can be attack by those chaos attack type enemy.

DioD

Reaction score
swap icon and tooltip from chaos to pircing and woala your elune block chaos.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.