Making IT Happen

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This means that SCII is playable. Therefore we shloud be expecting SCII verry soon. 100% this year. Perhaps eaven in late Spring or summer. <3<3<3<3<3<3

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
I don't mind it being a bit. Because it gives me some time to sharpen my map making skills before the rush. That way when i get there, my first project on it will be a bit better from improving my map making skill from war craft.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I don't mind it being a bit. Because it gives me some time to sharpen my map making skills before the rush. That way when i get there, my first project on it will be a bit better from improving my map making skill from war craft.

Uh.... not to be a p**sy but melee is gonna take about 90% of the games atleast the first 5-6 months. then other maps will appear. And if I were you I'd wait for SCII to come out. The way blizzard tell it the WE will be an entire modding engine, meaning that you will really be able to modify the game play constants, you'll be able to make models from the object editor, make cool spells without triggers and so on. Indeed Day Of The Alliance will come.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
This means that SCII is playable. Therefore we shloud be expecting SCII verry soon. 100% this year. Perhaps eaven in late Spring or summer. <3<3<3<3<3<3
It was playable quite a while ago, and other places have allowed you to play it before..

But it isn't even in beta yet. Most people, when they played it a while ago, though that it seemed done too. So I wouldn't go by that. I do think it will be this year, but not spring or summer.

This is the latest thing they have said concerning the release date, though:
Question: "Why hasn't Blizzard released the Beta?" or "WTF have they been working on, I played it at Blizzcon last year and I thought it was done!"
Answer: Solo campaign is under heavy construction as is Battlenet. When these things have enough work done that we know when our release date is going to be with strong confidence we will announce the Beta. Unless something crazy happens, the Beta is going to happen this year.

Question: "Why don't you just give us your target dates if you don't know the final date? We promise, we won't get mad if Blizzard misses target dates."
Answer: Let's be realistic. Our target dates are not something we hit more than half the time. Putting those out there would be pretty close to lying to the fans. We are not going to do that. We want to be able to give good info, not info that we know is suspect. We'll give target dates when we think it is very likely that we will hit them.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Indeed...
Footnote 2: contrary to the initial announcement, SC2 will not be shown.

:(

For once when we had some news more interesting than a change in voice-actors...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I love mysteries..... maybe that is why I love when girls are playing hard to get. Neverhteless, when talking about SCII the more the better :p (exept the waiting that is :p :p )

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.