Making "shield bash" in wc3

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
so im kinda making a taking unit, and i want an ability that kinda "slams" the target reducing attack speed/movement and does some damage, to do this atm i use the ability "slam" BUT, here is the problem...

i whan this to make the targeting unit (witch is slamed) to target the hero that did the slam kinda "keeping aggro" for x-sec meaning the target whont attack none else for the time

Trigger:
  • Slam trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Slam (Might9)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Target unit of ability being cast) face (Triggering unit) over 0.15 seconds

is what i come up whit for now, but its not done ofc. can anyone give me a hand whit this?

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to attack (Triggering Unit)

Add a loop (called Integer A or something in GUI)

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well, i got idea that i add a buff to the unit being slamed and then having that buf staying on for the time of the skill, then the rtigger can check for that buff and to that trigger above every 0.25 sec for the time it is there :)

dont know if it will work yet but noticed that the skill i picked was kinda like thunderclap, so i gotta find a different one

anyone know of a skill whit attackspeed/movementspeed/damage that u target a single unit whit?

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm base it off taunt and make a dummy to cast the slam for your hero... Do that, and no trigger problems for you

Nexor

Reaction score
order the target to attack the caster, then mke a trigger that checks the unit's orders, if it's anything else than attacking the caster, the order it to attack it again.

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
after some work i came up whit:

Trigger:
  • Slam trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shield Bash (Might9)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Make (Target unit of ability being cast) face (Triggering unit) over 0.10 seconds
      • Unit - Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to Attack (Triggering unit)
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 20, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Triggering unit) has buff Shield Bashed ) Equal to True
              • (Integer A) Less than or equal to 20
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Target unit of ability being cast) to Attack (Triggering unit)
              • Wait 0.50 seconds
            • Else - Actions
              • Do nothing

shuld this work? check every 0.5 sec if the unit have the buff, then attack triggerunit, or if its ben more then 20 loops (equal to 10 sec witch is the skills max on a creep) do nothing :)

edit--- im putting in a 0.1 sec pause where the unit shuld turn, ust so that it feels like a reaction

Nexor

Reaction score
change begins casting... to starts the effects of...

this won't be MUI neither MPI but I'd make the wait to 0.1.

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
There's no need for the actions outside the loop. Also there's no point to check if integer a is less than or equal to 20. This isn't MUI if your using it in your arena.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.