Making the editor think it's the first time starting? Changing registry?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
So, I opened the map editor a week ago and it worked fine. Since it was the first time starting, the loading window had an "ok" button on it and some info like a wiki link and stuff like that.

Some days later when I tried to open the editor again, it crashed on startup. I tried restarting my computer and stuff like that but I couldn't get it to work.

Today, I tried running it as an administrator and it worked fine but after a while it had a random crash and I tried to restart it as administrator but now I got the same problem as I got with my normal user.

I've sent the bug reports to blizzard but while I'm waiting for coming(hopefully) fix, I'd like to find a temporary solution. Since it apparently only works the first time you start it for each user, it would be nice if I could get it to think it's starting for the first time. I'm guessing this is in the registry but I can't find a relevant entry to edit.

Anyone got any ideas? +rep :)

Edit: Of course, I just found it 30 seconds after posting. However, it still crashes. The value is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Blizzard Entertainment/Starcraft II Editor/Has been Run

eXirrah

Reaction score
Did you try reinstalling SC2?

Seems to me the editor is trying to access corrupted/non-existent data.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.