Making these spells MUI?

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello. This is probably one of those moments where I request something yet I won't use it anyway, but heck here it is

I have a set of questions, all regarding not only making my spells MUI, but making spells that are based on mine, or is a base of what is mine, MUI

All spells are taken from my previous "Graveyard'd" spellpack, http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112503

My first trigger is this:

TARGET POINT
A wave of illuminating energy strikes forward, dealing damage to enemies while healing allies in a line.

Variable(s): 12
- 1 Boolean
- 3 Unit Group
- 4 Point
- 2 Real
- 2 Unit

*ignore the arrays, I've set it to 99 and 100 because I know I can't make it MUI, but as soon as I do know how, I'll change those arrays*
*ignore the memory leaks as well. I removed those codes to "at least" shorten the post to avoid people getting their eyes killed by it's longness*

Trigger:
  • Holy Slash Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Holy Slash
      • Boolean[99] Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set HolySlashTargets = (Units in (Current camera bounds))
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from HolySlashTargets
      • Set Boolean[99] = True
      • Set Unit[99] = (Casting unit)
      • Set Point[99] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Point[100] = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Real[99] = 0.00
      • Set Real[100] = (Angle from Point[99] to Point[100])
      • Unit - Create 1 Archer for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Point[99] facing Real[100] degrees
      • Set Unit[100] = (Last created unit)

Trigger:
  • Holy Slash Slide
    • Events
      • Time - Every <span style="color: blue">0.03</span> seconds of game time
    • Conditions
      • Boolean[99] Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set Point[101] = (Position of Unit[100])
      • Set Point[102] = (Point[101] offset by <span style="color: blue">23.00</span> towards Real[100] degrees)
      • Set Real[99] = (Real[99] + 23.00)
      • Unit - Move Unit[100] instantly to Point[102], facing Real[100] degrees
      • Set UnitGroup[99] = (Units within 200.00 of Point[102] matching ((((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Not equal to True))) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner
      • Set UnitGroup[100] = (Units within 200.00 of Point[102] matching ((((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Not equal to True))) and (((Matching unit) belongs to an ally of (Owner
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup[99] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause Unit[99] to damage (Picked unit), dealing (90.00 x (Real((Level of Holy Slash for Unit[99])))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Unknown
          • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to HolySlashTargets
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in UnitGroup[100] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) + (90.00 x (Real((Level of Holy Slash for Unit[99])))))
          • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to HolySlashTargets
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Real[99] Greater than or equal to <span style="color: blue">750.00</span>
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Kill Unit[100]
          • Set Boolean[99] = False
          • Unit Group - Remove all units from HolySlashTargets
        • Else - Actions

Set of questions:

1) Is there a possible way to make this spell MUI? All I know is it's not because of the slide trigger.
2) If it is possible, is there a way for me to not resort to JASS? Sure, custom scripts are fine but JASS is a no-no for me.
3) I'm not sure but I heard setting global variables to local variables is impossible to be done twice in a single event/trigger. Is this true? If not, then is it possible to make this trigger MUI with local variables?

Second:

PASSIVE
If the sword is used as an attacking factor, the attacked enemy unit then is afflicted by the holy strength of the gods. Reducing it's capabilities by stunning it for the first second, then slowing its movement speed and attack speed by 35% for the next 2 seconds, then finally morphs it into a random defenseless critter for 3 seconds.

Variable(s): 2
- 1 Point
- 1 Boolean

*again, ignore the arrays*
*again, ignore the memory leaks*

Trigger:
  • Blade of Penance Attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Blade of Penance for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (6 + (3 x (Level of Blade of Penance for (Attacking unit))))
      • BladeofPenanceAttack Equal to False
    • Actions
      • Set BladeofPenanceAttack = True
      • Set Point[1] = (Position of (Attacking unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at Point[1] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Blade of Penance (Dummy - Stun) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Create 1 Peasant for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at Point[1] facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add Blade of Penance (Dummy - Slow) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Cripple (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Add Blade of Penance (Dummy - Hex) to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Shadow Hunter - Hex (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Set BladeofPenanceAttack = False

Set of questions:

1) Again, is there a possible way to make this spell MUI? All I know is it's not because of the waits.
2) If it is possible, is there a way for me to not resort to JASS? Sure, custom scripts are fine but JASS is a no-no for me.
3) What about in this trigger? Can I use locals here?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but if you want to make these spells MUI it would be A LOT easier to do it in JASS.
I'm not sure if they can be made MUI using GUI. -If they could it would take a lot of effort to do it.

Trigger:
  • Unit - A unit Is attacked

Is just a bad event. :p
-Especially when using waits in the same trigger. I bet this trigger bugs a lot.

If you wanna use local variables properly (and trust me, you do if you want to code spells); you should start using JASS only.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
The reason for your trigger isn't MUI is because you're only saving your variables for a single instance of the trigger. What you can do is read this tutorial on how to work with hashtables in GUI, as they will permit you to use Unit Handle IDs to separate the different instances.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.