World Malaysia gets ‘D’, South Korea ‘A-’ in handling of tragedies, says Bloomberg columnist

vypur85

Hibernate
Putrajaya was once again slammed by a Bloomberg columnist who compared Malaysia's handling of the MH370 saga with South Korea's response to the recent Sewol ferry tragedy.

In a scathing attack, columnist William Pesek said he would give top marks to South Korea for their handling of the ferry tragedy but found Malaysia sorely lacking in handling the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370.

He said the incidents could be described as tests for the two governments, if not of Malaysian and South Korean societies.

"The grades so far? I’d give Korea an A-, Malaysia a D," he said in his Bloomberg column titled "One missing jet, one sunken ferry, two responses".

Pesek said in the two weeks since the ferry sank, killing about 300 people on board, the South Korean government had reacted with self-questioning, shame and official penitence.

"President Park Geun Hye issued a dramatic and heartfelt apology. Her No. 2, Prime Minister Chung Hong Won, resigned outright. Prosecutors hauled in the ship’s entire crew and raided the offices of its owners and shipping regulators. Citizens and the media are demanding speedy convictions and long-term reforms," he said.

On the flip side, there was no such reaction on the part of Malaysian authorities 56 days after MH370 vanished, said Pesek.

More here.

Lol. Shameful Malaysian government.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Wait ... what???
When a ferry sinks the prime minister has to resign? What is he, the minister of boats?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
but why would the prime minister resign? What would it change?
Was he in ANY way responsible for this?
Just firing random people who had nothing to do with it is not really going to help anybody. That is just a witch hunt.
Like burning jews because you think that would improve the economy...

vypur85

Hibernate
I get you.
Then again, in most cases, the people would wanna see someone who takes the blame and responsible.

In an institution, when you are reporting to a supervisor, if you have done any mistakes, your supervisor is the one to blame although he/she has got nothing to do with the mistake. That's why a good supervisor always defend their subordinates instead of letting them die on their own.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
If I am your supervisor and you tell me that you do not do your job right I would fire you and hire somebody who can do it better.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
There are things you can do which are almost like firing them. Just assign them the most shittiest job imaginable and they will resign voluntarily.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
LOL I think it's a wonderful idea!
But regardless "voluntarily or not" they would get resignation benefit!

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
There are things you can do which are almost like firing them. Just assign them the most shittiest job imaginable and they will resign voluntarily.
Thing is, few people here do their jobs at all, so giving them shitty jobs just gives them an excuse to demand higher pay.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
I don't get it. They have one incident each that are totally unrelated and some asshole thinks that he is in such a position to hand letter grades out to governments based solely on the publicised information of their response?

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
I don't get it. They have one incident each that are totally unrelated and some asshole thinks that he is in such a position to hand letter grades out to governments based solely on the publicised information of their response?
What's not to get? You sound new to journalism.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Friday Yay!
  • mgarcia mgarcia:
    did you guys catch Carl's interview? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuHiMXABkGs
  • mgarcia mgarcia:
    he's the one that informed me about the DVD's working!
  • mgarcia mgarcia:
    he also mentioned the progress on the controllers!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I did actually it was cool to see the NUON mention
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://discord.com/channels/985377399338332202/985377399950696481 you can still use this chat too we are two fisted now :)
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    costs me $80 to fill gas tank sad face
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Oof
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah that gas is some expensive stuff :)
  • The Helper The Helper:
    ghan does not have to worry about it he has a tesla and I have a small tank so it does not cost me usually more than 50
  • The Helper The Helper:
    fyi Ghan we are getting an error trying to access stats or world editor tutorials Error 526 Ray ID: 72128c6bf99f6707 • 2022-06-26 02:35:15 UTCInvalid SSL certificate
  • Ghan Ghan:
    An artifact of switching to Cloudflare... the Let's Encrypt certs can't autorenew through Cloudflare.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I got the forum updated before things expired but there were some other casualties.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Everything should be fixed now....
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Thank you Ghan!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Monday!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    new NUON forum mod cubanral!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Started learning how to make tools-assisted speedruns, so I'm lately busy.
    Here's my current project.
    +3
  • O Old Mountain Shadow:
    that was pretty good!
  • jonas jonas:
    really cool! I saw the game before but always thought it's just a half as good double dragon. Now I realize it actually has a lot of depth!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I just saw a bunch of running and jumping past all the enemies look like it was scripted as he said I guess I should have watched the whole thing. I only got a couple of minutes in. You should post that video in the forum Tom
  • Darthfett Darthfett:
    "Hi in the chat!"
    +2
    Currently busy with making the run even better, so I'll post that new one once I'm done. Right now, I had to modify the emulator itself, the tools that makes this video, and some RAM address disassembling / reverse-engineering to get the right values, and such.
    +1

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.