US News Man Bursts Into Flames After Accidentally Drinking Gasoline, Lighting Cigarette

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
HAVELOCK, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina man is dead after police say he accidentally drank from a jar of gasoline and then smoked a cigarette.

Havelock police received a 911 call about 9:55 p.m. Monday after 43-year-old Gary Allen Banning set himself on fire. Banning was transported to UNC Burn Center in Chapel Hill, where he died early Tuesday morning.

City spokeswoman Diane Miller said investigators believe Banning was at a friend’s apartment when he apparently mistook a jar of gasoline sitting by the kitchen sink for a beverage. After taking a gulp, he spit the gas out and got some on his clothes.

Sometime later, investigators say Banning went outside to smoke a cigarette and burst into flames.

Last edited:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Holy crap, that's awful.

he accidentally drank from a jar of gasoline and then smoked a cigarette.
But I'm not quite sure I would believe that.

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
One does not simply accidentely drink from a jar of gasoline. Actually, maybe he mistook it for an orange mocha frappuchino.

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
So, you "accidentally" drink gasoline and do not get alarmed in any way and then just go have a smoke!! Stupid :banghead:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
So, you "accidentally" drink gasoline and do not get alarmed in any way and then just go have a smoke!! Stupid :banghead:

"Oh snap, I just drank some gas. Whoops, better go have a smoke!"
What is wrong with people...? Lol

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
This is called "Natural selection". The stupid die to make room for the more intelligent beings. Dont blame him, its evolution which killed him.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
This is called "Natural selection". The stupid die to make room for the more intelligent beings. Dont blame him, its evolution which killed him.

And the gasoline fire. That was a very important part I think.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Yeah, gasoline really is a material full of wonders and beautiful purposes.

Yeah... it's really funny to pour water from a gas can all over the place. People freak out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.