Man of Steel

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
new Man of Steel trailer released (where it is finally confirmed that, yes, Russel Crowe is superman's father)

Maybe we'll finally have a good superman movie. Zack Snyder comic book movies (and his movies in general) are awesome, and the trailer is awesome so I have my hopes up

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
[8/10]

It was pretty good. Very much a new interpretation of Superman; it's not the classic hero you know, which may affect your views of the film. Regardless, as a film on its own, it works very well as a sci-fi.
Performances are strong from most of the cast. Henry Cavill fills in the role nicely as Superman and Michael Shannon fearfully brought General Zod alive, making for an intense dynamic between the two throughout the story. The visuals are simply cool. Maybe because they now have the capability to do so, but the action is fast-paced, brutal, and somewhat realistic of how you'd think fighting would actually be between such titans as the Kryptonians.
Because of the fast pacing of the film and the (highly entertaining) action, there could have been more character development on individual levels and between characters (like Clark and Lois), but I believe there is room for that in the future. I especially liked the amount of time shown with Krypton and his origins there. See it!

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
2013-06-14_2128.png

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Haha, not even relevant to Man of Steel though, :)

Man, I am disappointed with critics. They are hating this movie. However, I for myself must say that I thought Man of Steel was a great film, the best Superman movie in my opinion. The critics seem to be missing the entire film, complaining about things such as lack of character development or the excessive amounts of action and to that I say - no. Character development is not phenomenal, but it's already a long film that's very fast-paced and condensed, and there's more story/background-building which leaves less space for characters. However, there is plenty of room for future films to develop more on characters. As for the action, that can't be a legitimate complaint for the audience - the action is incredible.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
The movie critics are a bunch of pansies. My friend's a huge comic buff that's always hated on every comic book movie I've made him watch. He hated every Iron Man movie. He loved Superman. And I liked it a lot.

Oh, Dark Knight made him cry, I think.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Dark Knight (and Rises) got me teary-eyed. Didn't cry, but some scenes (especially those with Alfred) were quite emotional.

Man of Steel also had some scenes where it also got me close, ha. Glad to hear that he liked it. I hope the second MoS and future DC movies, people will like more.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
I loved the opening on Krypton. Like that they showed more of the background and the planet itself. Though the fight scene at the end, or even moreso in Smallville, was sick.

Can't wait for more upcoming DC films. I know plenty of people (critics) had complaints about this one so hopefully they'll clean up a lot of the messes in the future.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.