World Man sneaks into Fukushima's Red Exclusion Zone

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Photographer Keow Wee Loong explored four towns in Fukushima with friends after sneaking in during the night
•The area was evacuated in March 2011 and has been abandoned since then. It's still cordoned off from the public
•People who left the area went very quickly. They abandoned their clothes in the dryer and left fully-stocked shelves

More than five years after the devastating tsunami and the 8.9-magnitude earthquake struck north-eastern Japan, causing the explosion of the nuclear power plant in Fukushima, the Japanese town remains abandoned.

Since April 22, 2011, an area within 20km (12.4miles) radius of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power plant has been cordoned off from the public and listed as the red exclusion zone. But now, Malaysian photographer Keow Wee Loong has entered into the exclusion zone to capture these eerie images.

Read Moar Here.

3632129800000578-3686045-image-a-20_1468328432149.jpg

:rolleyes:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Ballsy. I am eager to know whether japanese police would punish you for entering. Its not like you would hurt anybody but yourself. But perhaps they fear looters.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I like how the dude has protective gear on but then wears shorts.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I like how the dude has protective gear on but then wears shorts.
The dust in the building is very powdery after the destruction of the tsunamis. You don't want to breathe the air there, but you can wear shorts.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
because dust settles in terms of decades after all.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah but the dust gets stirred up walking around in it and by the wind. Wearing the breather is smart.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Yeah the respirator & the gloves makes sense but he's got a jacket on too, figured he'd be inclined to keep the rest of his skin covered for whatever reason.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
I would be more worried about radiation than dust.

I like how he has a basket though. Good time for shopping.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.