Mana Regeneration Systems

Jinxx

Reaction score
I'm looking for some alternate systems for my map to regenerate mana than the standard one W3 uses (time = mana slowly regenerated). Anyway, I'd like to hear some original ideas. :)

Currently, I have a few options in the works:

1) Rage (WoW system, mana regens by attacking/being attacked)

2) Energy (another WoW system, small pool, fast regen over time)

3) Adrenaline (spells cost 0 mana, and generate mana when used)

Anyway, give me some original ideas! :D

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This is the first I come think of. I'll update if i come up with more ideas!

• Power Charge - Spells costs 0 mana, only way to get mana is through a Drain Mana spell.
  • Greedy - Spells costs medium mana, only way to get mana is through kills.

aussj4link

Reaction score
Some RPGs require you to sleep in order to regain mana, perhaps you don't gain mana until you sleep? its really fast recover but your unable to move and what not unless attacked or your mana is restored.

Jinxx

Reaction score
My internet died, so I wasn't able to rspond...

Anyway, some good ideas here, I really like the "sleep" concept, it reminds me od D&D alot. :thup:

I thought about having mages "sleep", but that still leaves the fighters/rogues that don't use conventional mana systems. So... moar, gief me moar! :D

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Those guys working with that Oakwood orpg map had some interesting ideas like these:

Shamans elemental balance: Casting more earth spells incereases the power of earth spells a little, but makes storm spells much much weaker, and other way around. The greates power is achieved by keeping the balance.

Fire mages heath: Casting fire spells generates heath. Heath slowly degenerates over the time. If you build up too much heath you damage yourself.

You could basicly make a own castin system for each hero, if you want. Using ImageBars for custom heath or elemental balance meter might make it look pretty cool too.

Ive been thinking of this lil AoS project idea, where all heroes have health, most of them have mana ( which is used only for magical abilities ), and some of them even have some extra systems like the ones I listed above.
( Also all of them whom use blades have this blade skill thingy which basicly controls everything what you can do with blades, such as slice, parry, stab, etc. )

edit. So, my posty was pretty messy, but my point was that you could also keep mana for spell casters, and create other special systems for different hero types. Like Mage could have both mana and heath, for example.

Jinxx

Reaction score
Fire mages heath: Casting fire spells generates heath. Heath slowly degenerates over the time. If you build up too much heath you damage yourself.

I think it's "heat", not "heath" (I could be wrong though :D). This sounds like a pretty fun concept, not just for fire mages but for any arcane caster (INT hero)!

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Yea, ofc its heat. Silly me. Been thinking of Heath Ledger, cause hes so hot.

My bad.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.