Mana Shield Help (im willing to learn)

blurished

Reaction score
Mana Shield
-Absorbs 100(example) amount of damage for level 1(example)
-If it absorbs 100(example) damage, the shield dissipate.
-If the shield timer runs out before 100(example) damage is absorbed, the damage absorbed is recover as mana to the caster

ask me for questions!

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I got a spell that does this exact thing. (Except the return mana part, but that would be easy).

What you need:

1. Real variable - this will be the Max damage the caster can absorb.
2. Real variable - this will track the amount of damage actually absorbed. Set it initially to 0.
3. Real variable - this will be the duration of the spell
4. Countdown Timer - for the duration of the spell
5. A trigger that runs when damage is received from the caster. I recommend GDD because it doesn't leak events and it is very easy to use.

When the spell is cast, set (1) to whatever you want. Start (4) as a one-shot timer that will expire in (3) seconds. Then, turn on (5) (it should be initially off).

When that damage trigger fires, detect if the damaged unit has the buff from your spell. If he does, then set his life back to the damage received, and set your (2) equal to that damage amount. If (2) is greater than (1), than turn off the damage trigger and Remove the buff from your caster, and reset (2) to 0.

Have one more trigger that will fire when (4) expires. When it does expire, check if your caster still has the buff. If he does, then set his mana back equal to (2), remove the buff, and set (2) to 0 again, and turn off (5).

Hopefully that all made sense. Let me know if you need more help. :)

blurished

Reaction score
haha thx tommerbob, but when i was waiting for a reply, i manage to figure it out myself
but thx for the effort, if u need my help dont be a stranger!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.