[Map Development] Need Development Team for a AOS Type Map

worldofDeath

Reaction score
(Game Name) - S.T.A.R
[Strategic Teams Arm Regiment]

About game: This will be a 3 lane AOS type map with creative heroes and strategic gameplay as well as a rebuild system, item system and a duel system.

Little About me first: Well I have created at least 10 different maps for WC3 since the day it came out till the day Star Craft 2 came out. I am very fluent in GUI, changing values of units, ideas for units, terrain, doodads. I also created some Spell packs for WC3 a while back. I can do just about anything and If I can’t I ask, if that doesn’t work I keep messing with it till I get it right. But this map project is going to be big a I’m going to need some help.

Story: (Still Need a Story) If someone can give me a story of how the humans and protons joined forces to stop the zerg who invaded there asteroid base you will receive credit. Story will be in loading screen with credits to whom ever created the story after. Easy stuff I personally can’t make stories to save my life.

Development Manager: (WorldofDeath) – What I do is to get the map completed with every ones else’s work together and get the credits down and ready for beta testing since this is the early stages there is going to be a lot of beta testing. I have already started on the map and will do alot of the triggering during the map start. And heros/unit placements.

2nd Line Manager: [Empty](xMxLegendxMx) Gives suggestions. Works on beta testing with manager helps create loading screen and helps balance map with manager *Need one more

Hero Development Manager: [EMPTY] The hero development manager creates, edits, balance, heroes. Using GUI to create the heroes spells. NEEDS TO HAVE EXPERENCIE WITH GUI IN GALAXY

Hero Development 2nd Line: [EMPTY] Gives the Hero Development Manager hero ideas and test, created heroes made by the manager and helps balance them.

Triggers Development Manager :[Empty] Helps the Managers create triggers if need be. Anything with triggers goes to this manager. He’s the master at triggers. NEEDS KNOWLGED IN GUI GALAXY EDITOR

Terrain/Doodads Development Manager: [Severon] Once this position is taken will receive the map that has been created so far and will edit the terrain with the 3 AOS lanes and create a visual appealing landscape for anyone that goes to play the game.

Beta Players: Take notes and send a copy to Development manager after they have played the beta.
themean
[Empty]

This game can only be finished with the help of the user at the helper please join me as we create a game for the ages.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Dark colors be good.

Also, why do you need your Starcraft II triggerer to be experienced in Warcraft III's GUI and JASS?

Starcraft II's GUI is pretty easy, if irritatingly slow to use.

Tyman2007

Ya Rly >.
Reaction score
WC3 GUI is somewhat different from SC2 GUI.
Strange why that would be a requirement.

Also JASS is nowhere near the language of Galaxy.
Galaxy is a ripoff of C, which if one knows JASS doesn't
mean at all that they will know Galaxy.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Dark colors be good.

Also, why do you need your Starcraft II triggerer to be experienced in Warcraft III's GUI and JASS?

Starcraft II's GUI is pretty easy, if irritatingly slow to use.

WC3 GUI is somewhat different from SC2 GUI.
Strange why that would be a requirement.

Also JASS is nowhere near the language of Galaxy.
Galaxy is a ripoff of C, which if one knows JASS doesn't
mean at all that they will know Galaxy.

I have had the galaxy editor for only two days so I wasn’t sure if it was JASS or what I never got to complex with JASS in WC3 I knew the basics that was about it. So what I meant to say is to whichever programming language besides GUI was in Galaxy, but since it’s a rip-off of C I think GUI will suffice especial since there is so many more things you can do then with world edit could.

I just asked for people to know how to use GUI, it is a lot easier then wc3 as all you have to do is edit the fields. But to some extent I don’t need someone that has never picked at the editors you know what I mean?

I will change my post around thanks for the info.
Good luck whit your project and if you need any help maybe i can help just post your question or pm
also can visit this sites:
http://www.sc2mod.com/
http://www.sc2mapster.com/

Thanks.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
There shouldn't even be a requirement for knowing Galaxy since scripting in Galaxy is a joke.

Then again, GUI is a joke, too... They screwed us over both ways. I'd say to them to screw me sideways, but they already did. They screwed me backwards with the Data Editor, too...

worldofDeath

Reaction score
There shouldn't even be a requirement for knowing Galaxy since scripting in Galaxy is a joke.

Then again, GUI is a joke, too... They screwed us over both ways. I'd say to them to screw me sideways, but they already did. They screwed me backwards with the Data Editor, too...

No, ur right the data editor is retarded as hell, im hoping that a 3rd party program comes out like the Jass new gen world edit that was amazing. And if blizzard gives us the chance to create a dam unit or change the field to a hero an not make it so hard then theres still a chance. So? You up for the team??? I do need the help.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Idk. I'm also working on my own project. Based off of Alien Swarm... Maybe. I could probably work on it on the side if I have extra time. I also have a job and work a lot.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Idk. I'm also working on my own project. Based off of Alien Swarm... Maybe. I could probably work on it on the side if I have extra time. I also have a job and work a lot.

Jobs suck, I work a little but im a full time student and im still in the summer. So im off of school for the moment, little free time. Never hurts to join this project will be worth it.

Severon

Reaction score
Hey I'll be willing to help out if you want my friend id is 594 send me a message online when you can. pm me on here

themean

Reaction score
Good luck again and can i add worldofDeath to my friends
Want to check what happens whit this project periodically
and what about your conception dota style map or something different
how many skills how many lvl items neutral creeps shops and etc.
Im curios of course in this moment your conception is not complete
but im ready to hear what you have :) if you want to tell me

worldofDeath

Reaction score
Hey I'll be willing to help out if you want my friend id is 594 send me a message online when you can. pm me on here

Yes! I really need a Terrain/Doodads Development Manager I have started the project already and ran into some trouble I started creating a map, but it needs terrain done badly really badly. It is a 3 lane AOS space type concept. If you can do a map with 3 lanes space type concept that would be great.

Good luck again and can i add worldofDeath to my friends
Want to check what happens whit this project periodically
and what about your conception dota style map or something different
how many skills how many lvl items neutral creeps shops and etc.
Im curios of course in this moment your conception is not complete
but im ready to hear what you have :) if you want to tell me

Ya its a little early but Im thinking start off with 4 heros each side make them chose able twice and make them perfect and by the next game create enough to fill the spots and go from there. Add a dueling option so people can vote to duel or not. Lvl items for sure. 5 abilitys per hero. And add more game modes later. Slowly. But im still awaiting for a team to step up to the plate..

Severon

Reaction score
Sent PM about information, though maybe I should reaffirm that I'm better at triggers/data editor than I am at terrain, but that might be because I work with those the most and wait to put in detail later, so if I focus on the map with out the triggers I might be able to make something playable.

worldofDeath

Reaction score
im still whit beta but if you give some problem maybe i can find solution
Thanks I will

Sent PM about information, though maybe I should reaffirm that I'm better at triggers/data editor than I am at terrain, but that might be because I work with those the most and wait to put in detail later, so if I focus on the map with out the triggers I might be able to make something playable.

Sent You a message

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.