map help

NBalfa

Reaction score
I am making a map where you will be in a team and you will have to destroy every enemy's base
there will be 4 teams of 2-3 members
each team's base will be at the corners of the map
towers will protect these bases
there will be lanes where creeps will pass from​

in other words it will be like dota but there will be 4 teams instead of 2!

what I need is ...
  • some pictures so that I can think how the map will be I mean the lanes the size of the bases and so on and so forth

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Uh....what?

(Just some advice....don't advertise something "IT WILL BE LIKE DOTA ZOMG". It tends to turn people off....)

NBalfa

Reaction score
read it again I got confused before and instead of pressing preview post I pressed submit reply

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
I say an X lane so like creeps spawn at the corners and go diagonal the X terrain would be like different from the other terrain, and then some creep spawns on the top of X and bottom and right and left.

DioD

Reaction score
you shoud not let all creeps meet at same spot

use 4 star or something like this to let creeps fight 1-1 at different locations and dont actually meet at center.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Then.. a Square? So like Top Left goes Right and when Top Left Creeps meet the right then a spawn of units come and fight then just a rotation so the units meet? Idk.

DioD

Reaction score
You need 2 circles, internal and external. (or 2 aquares)

Creeps on external circle move directly to enemy.

Creeps on internal circle move to distant enemy after they already at circle clock vice, leaving circle when they need.

Without player interaction they shoud not meet at all, since move speed is same.

its damn hard to explain, i will make demomap now.

DioD

Reaction score
here is first version of demomap (paths only), to let everyone fight everyone 1-1 at time you need something like this.

Attachments

• 123.w3x
    25.6 KB · Views: 96

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
You need 2 circles, internal and external. (or 2 aquares)

Creeps on external circle move directly to enemy.

Creeps on internal circle move to distant enemy after they already at circle clock vice, leaving circle when they need.

Without player interaction they shoud not meet at all, since move speed is same.

its damn hard to explain, i will make demomap now.

or 2 triangles? That would be a lot different than other maps.

NBalfa

Reaction score
can't really get you
do some triggering and make me see the whole map

Edit: what circles or triangles?

DioD

Reaction score
some triggering will take some time.

This is map with named waypoints, you can check direction of unit movement from editor.
Actual waypoint will come later (its is not hard to do, simply boring, a lot of copypaste).

circle movement will work too, simply let creeps directly to middle path and let them go right, leaving cirle on next waypoint, this will be included as option, but such movement more fun then strategy, since all players will farm at middle.

Attachments

• (12) TOTAL AOS.w3x
    25.7 KB · Views: 108

NBalfa

Reaction score
can you make the units to move trough triggers or type the areas they should move from to?

NBalfa

Reaction score
I am not saying that I cant I am saying that I can't understand the movements the units should make

DioD

Reaction score
Every region marked as

Right_Up_2_Left_Down

is this too hard to understand where unit go from this region?

i wont trigger it myself cos its damn boring to copypaste same trigger 48 times.

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Are you copying me? :D I've made a map like this before, it's called The Cross :3 if you like, I can email it to you, and you can take it apart and figure out how it works :D it's not my favourite map and quite out-dated, but the simple concepts should help you out :D

However, in my map, every AI creep team has a personal target, they all fight into the middle, but then attack their target. The target is allocated randomly, so sometimes you get multiple teams attacking the same target!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.