[Map Idea] Rise of Nations

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
THIS IS ONLY A MAP IDEA

If you've ever played Genesis of Empires 1, you would notice that that map went inactive over a year ago.

I love Genesis of Empires 1, so I'm thinking of remaking the map under a new title, and by scratch, and it will be a lot more advanced.

Basically, you start off with a couple of workers, and you will have to find some suitable land to start off your empire in. After you build your Town Hall, you will need to build a Marketplace, Bank, and Job Market. But theres also a catch in construction, you will need to make roads, and connect these buildings together.

Next, you're going to need civilians to make this stuff useful, so you construct a few residential area marks on the ground, along the road. Then you choose the population density of the buildings, low or high. Like Genesis of Empires, low represents the side that will receive less civilians, but will be happier. The high side, represents the side that will receive more civilians, but will be less happy, costs more to maintain, but the happiness is maintainable.

Now, you have no food sources, you're going to need to rip the land apart a little and start placing some Agricultural Area marks, to gain an advantage, you can choose the size of the farm, but this will decrease the happiness of the citizens who live nearby the farm. Agricultural Areas need to be indefinately connected by roads.

Later on in the game, you will notice you need sources of energy, this is where electricity and oil come into play. Electricity, comes in large bits, but factories will make citizens unhappy, if they are nearby it, and the electricity factories are large, and need to be connected to generators to give off electricity. Oil must be farmed off of oil locations throughout the land, you can build oil refineries, which are not very big at all, but if nearby a city, they can dramatically decrease the happiness of your citizens.

So, this is the basic idea of what you need to make a city, what do you think of it?

DTSX

Reaction score
Two problems with this one:
It sounds just like Genesis of Empires, but only minutely different. Secondly, I think there already is a map called Rise of Nations.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Two problems with this one:
It sounds just like Genesis of Empires, but only minutely different. Secondly, I think there already is a map called Rise of Nations.

Lol, its based on Genesis of Empires.

Rise of Nations is also a video game for the PC, it doesn't really matter if theres a map called Rise of Nations. But if I get a better name, I'll do it. I'm also up for some name suggestions.

KillerChi

Reaction score
If you name a game Rise of Nations at least have it sound like Rise of Nations.(Btw I love Rise of Nations)

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I like it ban-lord. :) Maybe I can help you :) Tell me what you think!

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Well, the first thing I need to know is, what features would you guys want on it that aren't already in GoE1?

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hmm, do you have MSN :) I really like the agriculture and housing.

DTSX

Reaction score
Yeah, sorry about saying that it's just like GoE... The problem about GoE 2 is that it's much more complex on another level and the menu option, as innovative as it is, is very hard to completely grasp for newer players.

It's really a good idea. You should add a couple of GoE 2's good elements:

Hunting = More food (For the love of God, don't separate food into grain and meat. Just keep it all under food). Fishing also goes into this as well. Since you're going to call it Rise of Nations or something like that, add whaling if you can. Basically, if you control a certain site on the seas, you gain resources.

The whole territorial bonus thing was great in GoE so add that if you want, but more importantly, add checkpoints. Places where you gain certain bonuses. Bonuses like more food, increase in HP, attack power, etc. If not those, at least resource bonuses. Maybe you could also put in a tech wars like tactic where you have to control certain things to get certain units.

Spies are always nice and trading encourages team play.

To prevent one player form ultimately controlling the entire game, make it so that the conquered nations can get insurgents. Also, before a nation gets conquered, add some function that sends a wall of emergency troops. These ones are extremely powerful, but last only for a couple seconds. The cool down for these is maybe four times for the emergency troops to exist. Thus, if the troops can last for around 30 seconds, make the cool down 2 minutes.

These are a couple of things I just picked up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.