Map Lags

SgtBob

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to post this so ill just post it here. In a Map I'm working on there lag the randomly appears and I'm not sure why. i was wondering if one of you kind people could help me with my problem. This map is not finished at all in anyway.

Map Link:http://www.mediafire.com/?35cebe9udc59fc5

merlinds

Reaction score
mmm, im going to download it and check the triggers. But, when the random lag apperas? after any special change you made? it was always there??
Try to give more information so we can help you! :)

SgtBob

Reaction score
Well alittle bit of lag was always there i think but lately its been getting worse and worse. As game play progresses it starts lagging more and more, but it doesn't lag much at the beginning of the game

when i use AI editor AI in my map it causes lag.
oh and i edited my map with jassnewgen editor.

merlinds

Reaction score
mmm i can`t open the map, i only have the normal WE. MMm i guess you are removing all the leaks right??
Are you removing unused units?? maybe they are stocking.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the map, but I can tell you right now, it's probably leaking heavily. I'm downlaoding a HUGE file atm, so my internet is very slow or i'd link you to a tutorial on fixing leaks. My advice is to do a search on leaks.

They're very easy to remove and doesn't require much at all.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Depends how many unused units there are. He means the units might be stocking up.

You need to destroy unit groups, regions, points, special effects, player groups. As if these are not destroyed they are held in memory eating all your RAM causing lag.

There are other things that leek, but you need to read a tutorial. There are plenty on here.

SgtBob

Reaction score
Well Sorry to say but my map still lags a bit now i can tell its a bit of a pattern like every say 10 or 20 sec i get a period of lag i thought i removed most leaks but i guess i didn't.

I realize now what i think the lag was. it only really started when the "Queen spawned and started laying, the triggers i had there weren't De-leaked and the trigger ran every 10-30 sec to check if the eggs where to hatch yet and if they were they would. I De-leaked them but i might have to find a new way of making them hatch.

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you can create a timer for each of them and when it expires make it hatch, rather than checking every x seconds, that way it doesnt hatch all of them at once if its whats making you lag, and it doesnt have a trigger firing when theres none to hatch

GFreak45

Reaction score
well you should have them indexed some how, make a timer variable and set that to have an array
then create a timer and sent it to Variable[egg index]

then when a timer expires saved as that variable, check the indexes for what one was the expiring timer, the egg for that index

GFreak45

Reaction score
ya thats a good idea, i never really use expiration timers on units instead i recycle them, do they die or get plainly removed? because that would affect how the trigger fires

merlinds

Reaction score
the expiration timers kills the units, in case of heroes they can be respawned, the units will just be removed after the time setted on the object editor.
It can be allways detectected with "A unit Dies".

SgtBob

Reaction score
Well i just replaced the unit with the desired unit. But maybe ill try then expiration timer

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.