• Yea, we can all be like ninjas!

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Nah, looks like junk to me.

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

1337NlNJA

Reaction score
New Type of Map: Infiltration

I am creating a new kind of WC3 map. It HAS been done but not very often (and very VERY poorly must i add *cough* assasinate the pope *cough* :rolleyes: ).

The map concept is simple. You control one guy (the infiltrator) and you slither your way through a base to a certain point which is filled with patrols, scouts, guards...you get the whole point. kinda like metal gear. If you are spotted you are killed in a matter of seconds so stealth and tactics are the key.

I have created one of these myself (yes, all by myself) but unfortunately the map is gone/deleted :( . So, what I was going to do was to resurrect this idea, but this time more in-depth and intense! :D Of course, with the help of the members of this forum!!

What I have come up with:

=========================================================
MAP STATUS: TERRAIN, ITEM/UNIT, TRIGGER, AND STORY DEVELOPMENT
Game Name: Evasive Tactics

Environment/Age: Cityscape, doesnt really matter

Map Size: 160x160 (maybe 192x192)

Units:
Infiltrator - [Civilian Male w/ custom dagger model attachment]
Rifleman Sentry - [Rifleman]
Swordsman Guard - [Footman]
Scout Plane - [custom model "plane from tech wars"]
Scout Tower - [self-explanatory]
Recon Vehicle - [Siege Engine]

Items:
Rocket Launcher - Shoot down scout plane or recon vehicle
C4 Bomb - Destroy scout tower
Ration - Heal x amount of hp
Shield - deflects piercing damage 60% of the time

Abilities:
Stab - stabs INFANTRY unit, killing it instantly.
Sneak - windwalk but slows movement speed.
Sure-footing - passive movement increase.
Stealth Intuition - improves all other abilities
- Stab gains 0.5 second cooldown bonus. (-0.5 sec. cooldown)
- Sneak's movement speed reduction is reduced. (-10% mve. spd. red.)
- Sure-footing gains 1% chance every sec. to increase movement speed to very high for 3 sec. (400 or so)

Main Objective:
1. Retrieve the 4 card keys to open the 4 gates blocking entrance to the workshop sector.

2. Bypass the intricate laser detection system and make your way closer to the workshop.

3. Once up close, unpack your bomb and place the bomb inside the workshop. Then, escape the base!

Side Objective: not decided yet
=========================================================

So, now I need terrain editors, trigger editors, unit/item editors (come up with ability solutions, iron out those ones above and add new ones if u want) and quest/objective editors (come up with objectives). Then of course we need testers. but dont worry about that. I will also need a good storymaker (im horrible :( ) to create a basic outline on the game (evil scientist creating something or some funny idea).

I hope this project will go well.

POSITIONS:
=========
Story:
-------
NiKaNoRoU_GR
Stavius

Terrain:
-------
NiKaNoRoU_GR
Stavius

Triggers:
-------

Unit/Abilities/Item:
-------

Quest/Obj.:
-------
NiKaNoRoU_GR
Stavius

Testers:
-------

Please reply to this thread to apply for position!!!

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
:shades: :shades: :shades: :shades: Wow, cool!!!!! :shades: :shades: :shades: :shades:
I'd gladly help (I love ninjas, after Dragons)

stavious

Reaction score
I don't get the idea too much. Sneaking around OK, but what's the main point of this map? To destroy workshops doesn't sound like a good game to spend hours on (at least with no good plot and back ground story). Or is this suppose to be a game where you need to assasinate some people? :confused:

1337NlNJA

Reaction score
Maybe i could change the objective. instead of just destroying one workshop, there could be specific units you have to kill which are randomly placed anywhere in the base, so you have to kinda scour the base for them.

eg. special unit = peasant
4 or so peasants are spawned in random locations inside the base (other than the laser detector area and the workshop area).

You have to kill the peasants, and each of them have a card key (or something to open a gate)

After passing 4 gates, you have to bypass "laser detectors" (maybe just have forcewall doodads and just make invisible units shoot "custom model laser" projectiles through each forcewall)

Then you plant the bomb and destroy the workshop (the creation site of the next generation weapon of mass destruction :nuts: sounds crazy i know)

After this, it is possible to make a "run-away-from-bomb sequence", forcing you and your sidekicks to get out of the base in a certain time limit.

If you don't, well...you get exploded by your OWN bomb and you get defeated.

Sounds pretty hard to me :(

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
NiKaNoRoU_GR said:
Ahah, well I'm good at everything (BEST AT TERRAIN, QUESTS, STORYLINE, WORST AT JASS)

You think your good at terrain? Check out some of the stuff in the Terrain Thread in Warcraft Talk, and post some of your stuff up too ;)

1337NlNJA

Reaction score
I have applied you, NiKaNoRoU_GR to both terrain and quests positions!

Thank you for supporting my map concept!

EDIT: woops forgot to add that you are also in story position :rolleyes: and also note that although it looks like you have [sarcasm]50% of the project on your hands[/sarcasm], it won't be much work for quests nor storyline. terrain will be your main focus.

1337NlNJA

Reaction score
ok, ill add stavius to the list

Thanks alot! :D

"Abilities" layout now created and shown under "Items" catergory.
"MAP STATUS" is added. It will tell you what is goin on with the project currently (and possibly, sadly, could show if the project is abandoned :( )
"Objectives" are now updated.

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Ok, should I begin with the storyline? (Stavious probably can't help right now, he will do later.)
EDIT: I just voted +

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Hmm...maybe I'm wrong, and I should not talk in his name, but I think stavious is very busy ATM. He works at his own project and he already helps a couple of the peoples...

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
Smith, u didn't read my post.When Stavious is free, he will help.I put him in 'coz he's my teammate.

stavious

Reaction score
I agree with smith_s9, I do have another very important project. :D But I can help (just a bit) by giving ideas, and I can tell you 1337NlNJA that the second story up put up (after my comment) is much better than the first. ;)
Running away from your own bombs can always be a cool addition to the game. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.