Map making.

D

Dragoon[BbG]

Currently I'm making a defence map and when I have all my selectors working. All my units that your defending against spawn, but when I try to make them move across the map where they should go, they just teleport. So I tried making them move backwards but then they appeared in the right place, just wont move.

My map is tank D with a cliff band down the middle and the units run next to the cliff while u snipe off. Very basic but need help. I'm using Brood War, if it matters.

Halo_king116

Working As Intended
Reaction score
Did you MOVE them to the other side of the map, or Order them?

You should order them to do it.

But I am not exacly sure, as it has been years since I have used teh Starcraft Editor.

I hope this is the answer you wanted.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Another thing about the order action you should know: the 'attack' order often bugs, so, when you can, use patrol instead.

V

victimchild

The problem with making them do a patrol order is that they will attack the first enemy that they run into, and not the ones that are firing at them. If you place a building in front of 3 marines and 5 lings patrol to that area the lings will attack the building first, not the marines. This is used in the Raccoon City missions.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Which is why people use patrol a lot. Units will actualy respond to melee attackers running around nearby.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
no, they dont. If you send melee attack units at eachother with attack, they just like run by eachother.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.