Map optimizer 3.3

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This is an announcement made by Vexorian in the World Editor Help forum about the new URL for the Map Optimizer

-----------------

Map optimizer 3.3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was forced to move the map optimizer to another thread.

http://www.wc3campaigns.com/thread_view.php?t=77401

Just a few words:
- The number of fixes on version 3.3 is huge it is a must have (As long as you already use the wc3 map optimizer)
- I got the able to beat EWEloader, that world editor hack will no longer bother us.
- BLP optimize may save you a lot of kilobytes if you have a lot of icons and skins in your map.

- You should update the map protection tutorial, first of all map protection does not exist, but even in the case it existed, Heavy Locker got discontinued (Black dick left blizzard game modding for legal issues) and it is too bugged, I don't know about extprotect, but at the moment the optimizer is the only tool that prevents the GUI reconstructors (Some people call them unprotectors) from working on your map.

Also the thread changed that's another reason to update the tutorial.

The tutorial should say something like DON't use password protect on extprotect! because wtg format has specifications it is incredibily easy to guess the password and "unprotect" the map.

Oh also, for mac users, tell them the truth, that they are screwed for the moment or that they should get a windows emulator, deleting wtg file doesn't really help.

-
Edit: I should really make a script optimizer for java, that would really help the mac fellows

Vexorian Map Optimizer

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Looks good

CoD unoptimized full version = 4211kb
CoD optimized with Optimizer 2.9 = 3363kb
CoD optimized with Optimizer 3.3 = 3267kb

Nothing wrong with regaining 96kb

F

-fool-

I dont know what exactly happened, but i optomized my map with 3.3 and it messed up my map a little..

i have a shrine where you summon creeps, and a level 2 shrine you upgrade 2, and it made my level 2 shrine have the same creeps as level 1.

I checked in object editor, and shrine level 2 is still supposed to sell level 2 creeps, but all of the level 1 creeps were there in-game.

So when i optomize my map, it messes up my shrine. If i dont use the program my shrine runs fine. Its very wierd. I have attacthed a picture of the optomizer sshowing which settings i used.

Attachments

• maptopotmizer.jpg
    maptopotmizer.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 648

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
I would like to know why I made that readme file?

A screenshot wouldn't help me, I need your map, email it, at least read the readme to know the email address man

F

-fool-

lol i dont think ive ever read a readme in my life (same as license agreements and all that)

Vexorian

Why no custom sig?
Reaction score
You should always read license agreements, some of them say things like "I, by signing this agreement allow this program to steal my information (including email addresses and passwords) and pictures and send them to its server so the guys there are able to sell it"

anyways please send me your map. Try to do so quickly because I am about to leave the web in a few minutes and I was planning releasing new version tomorrow.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
-fool- said:
lol i dont think ive ever read a readme in my life (same as license agreements and all that)

wow its like you want vex to hate you or something.....

guys if you have problems with vex's tool stuffing up your map, email him your map, don't waste everyone's time posting your problems here or on some other forum. I'm sure Vex has better things to do than chase you down for your map.

and like both Ryoko and Vex say, if the software comes with documentation, make sure you browse through the documentation so you understand what it contains.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
-fool- said:

I guess that's why his name is "fool" eh? :p

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
We have to make sure to redirect anyone who comes to us saying 'All I did was download and install this program from this site and now I am bombarded with spam, my bank account is mysteriously empty, and I was stalked by two masked men yesterday. What did I do or not do?!'

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.