Maple Story

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
First off, the name is pretty dumb. But who cares about the name?

I used to play this when my Wc3 didn't work. Its a pretty simple yet fun 2D side scrolling MMORPG.

Some annoyances/cons are: (no particular order)

- newly added "cash shop", which lets you buy items for real money (cosmetic/apperance changing only items)
- Small, child-like character/enemy models
- Long time to level up
- NO PVP!
- Cartoony graphics
- somethimes there are crappy Korean to English translations (rarely though)
- quite long download (204mb) and installation. (it is definatly worth the wait though)

Some pro's are: (no particular order)

- Supports up to lv 120+
- 5 Classes, and 2 sub classes to each one.
- 2D
- "cash shop" items are only cosmetic.
- thousands of items to collect
- well-balanced, solid MMORPG
-seems to have more serious players than other games (ei Runescape), not as much spam and begging.
- thousands of enemies
- new and different kind of RPG
- downloadable client (full screen, small loads)
- funny sounds/music ( I love them)
-frequent updates
- three worlds to explore (1 1/2 worlds finished, third world still under construction)
- alot less (none?) hackers than other games because of the watchdog program called NGuard that is built in.
-3 servers (and counting) with 20 realms in each one, so you can choose to go to a crowded realm to trade, or a quite realm to level without interuption.

Worth a try if you're bored of WC and you want to play something for free.

Check it out at www.mapleglobal.com

Cres

Reaction score
I played up to level 50 or something, but then it kinda like said screw you... apparently if you dont log in for a week or two you get the boot... >.<

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Cres said:
apparently if you dont log in for a week or two you get the boot... >.<

That is total BS. Well mabye for the BETA test it worked like that. No way for the latest game that's out now.

Cres

Reaction score
if you dont believe me, thats not my fault, my account is gone and theres nothing i can do to prove it existed, that usually happens when your account gets delete... i dont randomly save screen shots either

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Wark said:
You need to download the client... It's not a browser based game.

Well the website doesnt work with FireFox, but *Takes deap Breath* Ill use IE :rolleyes:

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Avoid this one like the plague:

000.gif

WARNING! Furry alert!

At Maple World, hunting and engaging in battles are not the only options you'll have.
You can explore a totally new and unknown world you have never been to, put on beautiful clothes and gorgeous accessories, and even attract other users in the process. You may begin the journey to explore the world of unknown alone, but you may come out on the other end with numerous new friends through hunting and chatting. If you're tired of hunting and competition, how about playing minigames with a friend for a change?

lololololololol

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Sud said:
Avoid this one like the plague:

lololololololol

Lol the site is screwed up. Meh, I like Maple Story, think what you want. You could at least try it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.