Mapping Team Idea

Jokker

Reaction score
Hello!

I am a fellow mapper, as some of you know. I am not a bad one either. I can manage to come up with decent ideas and I am familiar with the editor. There has been one thing bugging me though. I don't see many great and polished maps online. Even some of the popular ones are.. well.. rough.

General Idea
SO what I am thinking is this. Maybe someone would like to team up with me .. like 1-3 people (or more, but read on). We would start making maps in teams of 2-3 people. This would develop our skills more as we need to be helping each other out. Everyone has their own unique style and bring something great to the game. Maybe you are good with data editor. Maybe triggers? Maybe you do custom graphics/models? Maybe you are a great team leader/coordinator. Maybe you map terrain so well that people are blinded by your creations.

Some of you don't know the other aspects of the editor though, and thats why a team would be a good idea.

What we would do?
I think we should start remaking great old WC III maps. Yeah, that's right. I would love to see Jungle Troll Tribes in SC2, or some of the greater TD-s. Hell, even RPG-s, as there aren't really any decent ones around. Allso, if you want to create totally new stuff, I have one map in the making. It has polished ideas. It's something new. I would fill you in if you would want to part in it. (It is a TD with a fun twist)

How would it all work?
1. We decide the map we would be working on.
2. We would brainstorm ideas. How it would look visually. How would it work. What are the basic ideas and how to make it look and feel smooth. (Many SC2 maps seem rough for me)
3. We devide the tasks. We start small. Basic functions. Triggers. Data. Then after that visual aspects + polishing.
4. If we run into problems, we can ask other members of the team.

Why would you want to join?
You would learn something new.
You would make new contacts / friends / buddys / slaves / w/e
You would have someone talking to you, motivating you. Many of you suffer lack of motivation.
You would have your name / team name on a great upcoming map!

If you :thup: the idea. Support it even if you won't join. Tell others about it.
If you :thdown: the idea and think I am :nuts:. Well. I would like to hear about that as well! : D

Cheers,
Jokker

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I was working on the Rethos Temple project, but it seems like Kyuft just abandoned me and the project (which leaves me with only the terrain, 1 hero finished and the systems I made). So I asume I'm free on the market for teaming up with someone a little more dedicated. I am decent with triggers and terrain and I'm very creative/innovative.
I do not have a lot of skills with the data editor yet but I plan on focusing more on learning the data editor.

Jokker

Reaction score
This is not about the starting skill. This is about getting better : ). I would be happy to have you. Let's wait for more responses as well. In the meantime, add me on Skype, if you have one. You can find me by the name of Joonas Ervald.

PS! Data editor is my weakest link allso. But there has not been a problem I haven't solved yet. It takes time though : P

Allso, I would like to see your project, for funziees. Coz the mapping is pretty awesome and it seems like a nice idea.

X-maul

Reaction score
This is not about the starting skill. This is about getting better : ). I would be happy to have you. Let's wait for more responses as well. In the meantime, add me on Skype, if you have one. You can find me by the name of Joonas Ervald.

PS! Data editor is my weakest link allso. But there has not been a problem I haven't solved yet. It takes time though : P

Allso, I would like to see your project, for funziees. Coz the mapping is pretty awesome and it seems like a nice idea.
Okay, sure thing. The only reason I create maps is to get more talented :)
I cant find "Joonas Ervald"
Tell me your skype name instead (It's in the upper left corner of the skype window)

X-maul

Reaction score
Okay - well I cant see you? I asually have to add the persons adding me too :)
I dont know why this happens, but tell me your skype name and I might be able to find you? How old are you and where do you live? (you should check your PM inbox if you dont want to tell that here)

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I support this and I wish you good luck. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of quality maps coming from this team in the future.

I'm not going to join since I have a lot of my own projects that I've already started and it'd take too long to explain to people how my system works. However, if a terrainer is looking for some work, I'm interested. Contact me in PM.

You would make new contacts / friends / buddys / slaves / w/e

Well, be sure to sign me up for that one ;)

Jokker

Reaction score
Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaah .. you know what. When I wrote that I thought to myself: "Siretu will notice that" XD

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with a bit of slavery - it gets shit done.

I have my own project in the works plus plans to write a few more tutorials plus I'm really only available on weekends so that rules me out. I'm fairly confident in the data editor so if you guys get stuck, feel free to post the problem and I'll see what I can do to help (I'm sure Siretu is in the same boat).

Jokker

Reaction score
Great! Data editor help is the help I need the most! : D I can manage slowly, but usually there are easier solutions than that.

Also. Me and X-maul started on a project which is a little smaller but still fun to get things started : P We'll try out the teamwork and you cannot really start too big, can you : P

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.