Maps, maps, and more maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiDdY

Reaction score
So did we decide on an RPG?

I think the first project will be some sort of RPG yes, but others will be themed differentely.

'The group' will not be producing just one project, but many others to come, therefore we look for new ideas, and simply anitate them for the public use.

I still think all maps will be Open Source, unless team members disagree (we can discuss), as this will give a chance for not so good triggers to learn some things.

RIPPED copies shall be advised not to play, and really, ripping it just shows patheticness (however, viewing triggers (AS LONG AS, you type them all out again) is fine).

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Ok, well my vote is for futuristic/space Save/Load RPG. However, I agree we
don't want to make a run-of-the-mill level grinding RPG. We should have some creative features. Someone said Woodcutting and such, I think we should involve Item Crafting, House building/customizing, and perhaps creating a family. Just ideas to throw out there.

DiDdY

Reaction score
Good idea, so not 'LIKE' runescape, but some of the abilities (fletching, woodcutting, construction) type things, etc.?

Yes, well, we're progressing well, I can see some future in this project group.

And does anyone disagree (in the team so far) with Open Source?

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
Yeah not like Runescape, but with a few similar features. I mean if we do a Futuristic RPG, the possibilites are endless. We could make up activities, it would allow for limitless creativity.

As far as Open Source, i think it's fine. If we make it good enough, people won't feel the need to rip it.

DiDdY

Reaction score
Yeah not like Runescape, but with a few similar features. I mean if we do a Futuristic RPG, the possibilites are endless. We could make up activities, it would allow for limitless creativity.

We could even make two types of RPG, futuristic version and present/modern/past version?

'The possibilities are endless..'

Aye, and even if they do RIP, if the map is popular, it'll be known as a Ripped copy, and official versions will be downloadable from the forum.

Gotta shoot, see you all tomorrow!

San-D

Reaction score
Excuse me, but if that futureistic stuff is because ur worried that other stuff limits ur imagination. The WarCraft world already provides a fantastic-non-real universe, so its safe to use the Warcraft medevil thing

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
No that's what I'm saying. I was merely saying that Futuristic is not a common RPG type for Battle.net. I think it would be better to avoid the cliche Knights and Mages type rpg. However, if the group disagrees we can use the Mediveal template. Also I personally find it more fun to create my own worlds to use, rather than Warcraft lore.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
Projects

I would suggest that if we plan on working on more then one project at some point that we keep the first project decently simple so we can sommth out working with each other and too really get a feel for the skills we got in our group.

dannyboydude

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
il be a terrainer

i helped wiv the td terrains in some good td's

so il be happy to help u guys make ur rpg

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
6 I think. 7 with Dannyboydude.

A RPG sounds good. I never really like RPG's because I never played them.
I got a kind of system that I made for a map of mine, it might be useful for some other project in the future.

It's a breeding system(made it for some dragon races) You enter 2 drakes in a building and then the building gains 2 abilitys: Breed and info

Info is a passive ability that shows what those 2 dragons will most likely breed into. Breed makes an egg that will hatch after a while.

That's probably all. Maybe it could give some inspiration to someone.

San-D

Reaction score
Skype is free for all types of chat and voice communication. It only costs money to call a real home number or a cell phone from ur skype. its perfect for us...i think

luke20054

Reaction score
Try this 1 for idea's http://www.epicwar.com/maps/44448/ it's a bit slow in the way of game play(not lagg, there is v little)), seems like ppl like it strangely ^^ 4.5 rating.
It's rly 1 i made just to c if it was possible to improve on dota, well the theories there, hope it's of some use to u :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.