Maps

C

Coop

When i attach my map on here it goes to a new page and says it the page cannot be displayed :(

C

Coop

Okay I got it working. Here is my map. Connect Four! Complete with Observers that can bet and play a small (lame) mini-game as they wait for the game to finish up! YAY! Erm..Yeah. Im making more versions where the sound will work and the mini-game will be better and everything will just be happy.

Attachments

• connect four.scx
    56.1 KB · Views: 606
S

SearrarD

After making maps for westwood games for years and the sudden resurgence of StarCraft in my house I've tried to port an ole favourite into StarCraft, I see that posters here just put a up a breif explanation but its always helped my mapping to post up like this

Red Alert
8 player map

256x256 Badlands territory

I've tried to balance positions with respect to expansion\defense.

There should be plenty of resources (i think I havent played it much :p)

The map is very open with a few natural boundries, I've tried to force players to rely on troops rather than holding bottlenecks

I've tried to decorate as best I could, trying to break up the monotonous plains.

I also tried to give certain areas a distinct feel\look to give players a personal touch to the area they are defending\exploring\attacking (It workeds well on large RA2\AoE maps where people associate thier positions based on decoration and not compass points)

Its my first SC map and hopefully not the last, so I need lots of advice, criticism, tips, enhancements or maybe even praise (not likely :p) on my few hours of work. Any bugs\problems I'll fix but feel free to take the map and mess around with it

The first criticism from the lads in the house is that the map is not newcomer friendly when playing against CPU players, but a quick look at the map on the editor gave them an Idea of some strategy of expansion

Hope you like it

Ger

Attachments

• (8)red alert.zip
    223.8 KB · Views: 616

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
One of the beautiful things about StarCraft is relying on terrain, rather than decoration, to mold your strategy. If your map is wide open, like you said, it will heavily favor zerg. Without some kind of period barriers, walls, terran is at a serious disadvantage. Any good non-money mapper would agree with me on this.

V

victimchild

file name

Unregistered said:
Can anyone help me???? i have created a TD and when i tries to air it on b-net, it said "file is too large".....

You need to decrease the size of your file name. It is a problem no one knows the reason for.

B

blood_TyRaNt

bloodz

frie2 said:
Yes my map is complete! After five months of yelling and screaming at my computer i finally got this Starship Troopers defense map made. I really would like some feedback on it. Would you please rate my map on a scale of one to ten?

PLEASE E-Mail at: [email protected]
Battle.net: frie2@USEAST

Wuts ur game name?

C

chrisgdog

I dont understand

i made a custome game too..but i try and play it online and it says "this file is too big, please choose a different map" wtf!?! how can i fix this, i DID put in a sould file of a song, and i really want it in there, any ideas?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.