Maps!

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Greetings fellow writers;
I would like to know what you do in order to create your maps (if you do create them?)
I am yet to find any good software or anything for it, and drawing them by hand is out of the question, as I have almost 0 artistic drawing skills, and by the end, mine look like what a 4th grader would draw.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Do them by hand. Then get an artist to do it for you IF you publish.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Do them by hand. Then get an artist to do it for you IF you publish.

This is more or less what I do. When you're making maps for organizational purposes only, even something as simple as circles with lines leading to one another to define paths and towns or whatever can be useful.

I highly recommend map-making for pretty much any story that goes outside of a small area. Actually, I tend to recommend them for even those small areas...

Corruption takes place in a single town-area, for the most part, and yet I had huge benefits from creating a map of the town, marking the important places [main character's houses, places where fights occurred, etc. etc.] because it allowed me to see the bigger picture, so to speak.

Furthermore, I also recommend using a timeline. It wasn't until I started using this practice as well that Corruption really fleshed out into more of a story and the fall-out of that book truly created fuller versions of it's 4 other brothers in the Stinda Saga.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.