US News Marijuana to remain illegal under federal law, DEA says

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Marijuana advocates who hoped the cascade of states moving to legalize medical marijuana would soften the federal stance on the drug faced disappointment Thursday as the Drug Enforcement Administration announced it will keep marijuana illegal for any purpose.

Marijuana will remain a Schedule 1 substance under the Controlled Substances Act. Substances in Schedule 1 are determined by the Food and Drug Administration to have no medical use. States that allow marijuana for medical use or legalize recreational use remain in defiance of federal law.

The announcement to be published Friday in the Federal Register relaxes the rules for marijuana research to make it easier for institutions to grow marijuana for scientific study. The DEA currently authorizes just one grow facility in Mississippi.

In reaching its conclusion, the DEA said a Health and Human Services evaluation shows marijuana has no ‘‘currently accepted medical use’’ because "the drug’s chemistry is not known and reproducible; there are no adequate safety studies; there are no adequate and well-controlled studies proving efficacy; the drug is not accepted by qualified experts; and the scientific evidence is not widely available."

"There is no evidence that there is a consensus among qualified experts that marijuana is safe and effective for use in treating a specific, recognized disorder," the report added.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The thing that gets me the most about this is these people are supposed to be in charge of our safety. To have them be so freaking stupid just blows my mind. The FDA is a JOKE and not even a funny one!

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
that's the control part of the government. Tell me again how we are 'free'?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
The thing that gets me the most about this is these people are supposed to be in charge of our safety. To have them be so freaking stupid just blows my mind. The FDA is a JOKE and not even a funny one!
The FDA won't ever recognize anything other than the "traditional" drugs, especially marijuana, because a lot of pharmaceutical Companies would lose a lot of income, as marijuana would be essentially used in everything ( in Europe for instance, marijuana was used in the 1800's for painkillers, anesthetics and cough syrup. America started to use it in 1817 ) and the alcohol industry would also lose a lot of money because a lot of people would prefer the less dangerous drug.
Besides that, I'd say your laughing streak will start once the election period ends :D I mean, one candidate is better than the other ecks dee.
that's the control part of the government. Tell me again how we are 'free'?
I don't know. How is american freedom defined? The individual is usually more free in his choices than in any other country.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
anyone can make whatever choices they want regardless of where they are. They might get in trouble for it, but they can still do it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.