Marijuana

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It's so easy to get anyway that all having it be illegal is doing now is providing a source of money for underworld groups (gangs and such). Underworld groups also often participate in all sorts of other crimes from violence to theft. Making marijuana legal will make it somewhat harder to do crime.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
we have the highest percentile of marijuana and cocain usage in america (about 30+% for both) while we have it illegal.

Countries who have it legal have about 10% or less usage.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wholesale of illicit drug sale earnings estimates range from $13.6 billion to $48.4 billion annually.[13][20] Mexican drug traffickers increasingly smuggle money back into Mexico in cars and trucks, likely due to the effectiveness of U.S. efforts at monitoring electronic money transfers.

Juaquin_Guzman-Loera2.jpg

Joaquín Guzmán Loera (born April 4, 1957)[citation needed], nicknamed "El Chapo" (Spanish: "Shorty") is a Mexican drug lord who heads an international drug trafficking organization referred to as the Sinaloa Cartel, named after the Mexican pacific coast state of Sinaloa where it was initially formed. He became Mexico's top drug kingpin in 2003 after the arrest of his rival Osiel Cárdenas of the Gulf Cartel.

During the 1980s, Guzmán was associated with Miguel Ángel Félix Gallardo (known as El Padrino, or The Godfather), head of the dominant drug trafficking group in Mexico at that time. After Félix Gallardo's capture, Guzmán took control of the organization and soon gained notoriety as director of the Sinaloa Cartel.[5] Guzmán is wanted by the governments of Mexico, U.S.A. and by INTERPOL[6]; so far he has evaded operations to capture him.

In 2008, Joaquín Guzmán was listed at 701 on Forbes' list of richest people in the world with an estimated net worth of $1 billion.[7][8]

In November 2009, Joaquín Guzmán was ranked as the 41st of 67 most powerful people in the world by Forbes.
[9]

This is the only few of the drug cartel leaders who benefit from American money and cause power, corruption,and war in Mexico. This is all because American can't suck it up and admit they banned Marijuana in 1930s because of racism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Someone on WC (Women's Cult?) knew their science.

Alcohol actually reacts with the damaged brain tissue and revitalizes it.

Numerous studies have shown that moderate to extreme alcohol usage has lead to an increase in test score amongst sub-urban students.

Who ever told you that alcohol kills people is a fool.

Now marijuana, on the other hand, has been used in military trials as a "fast acting chemical agent" aimed at killing enemies efficiently.

Do you really want kids smoking military weapons?

I know I don't.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score

So I suppose by best friend's death from drunk driving was not a result of alcohol.

And don't even start with "cars don't kill people, people kill people". If you drink a gallon of beer, get in your car and ram into three others, you're the fool.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Someone on WC (Women's Cult?) knew their science.

Alcohol actually reacts with the damaged brain tissue and revitalizes it.

Numerous studies have shown that moderate to extreme alcohol usage has lead to an increase in test score amongst sub-urban students.
Link please?
I'm sure that there have been many studies that have shown that herbal treatments actually do anything, or that vaccines cause autism, and yet they are complete bs.
And yet it does.
Now marijuana, on the other hand, has been used in military trials as a "fast acting chemical agent" aimed at killing enemies efficiently.

Do you really want kids smoking military weapons?

I know I don't.
You are aware that when it gets legalized it won't be as "cool" anymore and thousands will stop smoking it.

btw what bad effects does marijuana actually have?

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
First of all, i wanna get this out in the open;

Cars don't kill people. People kill people.

Now that aside, I don't have links.

All of this is common knowledge.

Also, on the subject of how is marijuana dangerous, it's be shown to cause cause skin cancer after only two uses.

That, my friends, is serious business.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Cars don't kill people. People kill people.
What is that supposed to mean?
cliffs don't kill people. people kill people.
deep water doesn't kill people. people kill people.
nukes don't kill people. people kill people.

Now I know that getting drunk at the top of huge cliff is safe. :)
All of this is common knowledge.
So is vaccines causing autism.

Also, on the subject of how is marijuana dangerous, it's be shown to cause cause skin cancer after only two uses.
Normally I don't ask for proof but these claims you come up with are pretty unbelievable, and not in a good way, so; link please?

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The minimum amount of ?-THC one needs to get high is about a 10 milligrams for a full grown male adult. Using such a small amount will lower your blood pressure, often give an antidepressant increase in mood, and give a short term loss of memory, however no evidence supports that any of these effects will last beyond two days! The only problem I have with marijuana is people smoking blunt, because that still has cigarette traces in it of tobacco and disgusting things to rot your brain out. Also, keep in mind that smoking more marijuana does not increase the 'level of highness' that you have, you are kept at a constant high.

(Source #1.)

Gensui Bas

Reaction score
Because of my liberal education, parents and country (like you all know, marijuana is legal in the Netherlands) I had the freedom (and responsibility) to do some experimenting (to a certain degree).

Psychological dangers:
"There is no convincing scientific evidence that marijuana causes psychological damage or mental illness in either teenagers or adults. Some marijuana users experience psychological distress following marijuana ingestion, which may include feelings of panic, anxiety, and paranoia. Such experiences can be frightening, but the effects are temporary" 1

Physical dangers:
"Moderate smoking of marijuana appears to pose minimal danger to the lungs. Like tobacco smoke, marijuana smoke contains a number of irritants and carcinogens." 1 Although threat is present, danger is minimum.

Addiction:
"Most people who smoke marijuana smoke it only occasionally. A small minority of Americans - less than 1 percent - smoke marijuana on a daily basis. An even smaller minority develop a dependence on marijuana" 1

Also. Illegal or legal. As long as people want something, there will be a market for it. An example for this is 1000's years of human civilization.

"There is no evidence that anti-drug messages diminish young people's interest in drugs. Anti-drug campaigns in the schools and the media may even make drugs more attractive." 1

The good thing about drugs legalization is that there will be a goverment control. For example, most (all?) deaths caused directly by the drug XTC is because the pill is a bad one. Goverment control could prevent this. Note that ectasy is less addictive and dangerous than acohol.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped..._(mean_physical_harm_and_mean_dependence).svg 2

A common myth is that legalizing drugs would cause more drugs users than if it would be illigal. Of course, if cannabis would be legal, everybody would be using it, right?

First of all, as said before, anti-drugd campaigns and media can make drugs more attractive to kids. Second, goverments and people who know nothing about drugs tend to underestimate the people's wisdom to make their own dessissions about drugs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cannabis_use_among_adults_(aged_15-64).svg 3

I believe that the percent Cannabis-use in the Netherlands is even lower than the use in Germany, England and most other countries with the same color. This requires some more research though.

Conclusion: Drugs is bad, mkay? However, Alcohol and cigarettes are still a lot more dangerous than many 'hard'-drugs. The bad-effects of cannabis are almost a joke compared to things like alcohol. We live in a strange world where alcohol is legal, but where wars are fought against marijuana. Pure politics and stupitidy I believe.

I also believe that a human mind (although incredible stupid in a mass) is quite intelligent on it's own. It should be given a certain freedom and responsilibity. There is more than enough information about drugs and cannabis. You want to try something, ok. You fuck up. Your bad (people often want freedom, but seldom take responsibility,). If everything that is bad (or semi-bad) would be illigal... well... you couldn't cross the street anymore or make a phone call.

Sources:
1: http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/
2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_drugs
3: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_the_Netherlands

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
Research and theories?

You must be under the assumption that this is an exact science of some sorts.

Pro Tip: It's not.

The bottom line remains the same.

If you smoke weed, even once, you will immediately die.

I, for one, really don't understand how any one can support this bane of our society.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Research and theories?

You must be under the assumption that this is an exact science of some sorts.

This is a debate, where proof of your random babbling must be given to be believed and taken serious.

Marijuana is science. You will not die immediately if you smoke it once. If you did, no one would smoke it.

(And wow, two years and this debate keeps going!)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
(And wow, two years and this debate keeps going!)

Think so? I think that last ~25+ posts have just been about how marijuana is awesome and is illegal for no reason. :p

I'm pretty damn sure ABC is just kidding around... it's pretty obvious no one dies from their first time smoking... or ever.

I think he's just playing the anti-weed side by pointing out how ridiculous their statements are sometimes.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I think the main problem with marijuana is that people tend to be stupid and think they can drive while high or operate machinery while high. This drug is proven to be safer than others, but like every drug there are risks. I am personally against legalization of it because I feel that human stupidity will be accelerated by increased use of the drug and that would lead to some pretty tight situations (and by tight situations I mean people who are high risking my life for their pleasure).

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
is marijuana the only thing that makes people happy?.. There are alternatives to the "feel-good" feelings of alcohol or drugs.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Like what?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.