Marijuana

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
All drugs should be legal, but this is the government that should be in control.
What you think, it would look like out there? And who would the government allow to use the heavy drugs?
If all Stupid drugs would be legal?

If government were in control, create drug stores, provide people with support, create new jobs and main thing, keep money in the government instead of blowing it away.
You think they would take a job? And who would pay for it? Of Course ones again the taxpayers.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
What you think, it would look like out there? And who would the government allow to use the heavy drugs?

The same as it looks like now in terms of people using drugs, however less crime from selling drugs. If people are going to do the drugs, they're going to do them whether they're illegal or legal...

"What it would look like" out there is placed in the minds of most people by the society, and they do it in a negative fashion (Known as a "Scare Tatic") to deter people away from drugs. However, if you look at creditable research into said drugs, they're really not as harmful as they make them seem, some even less than alcohol and tobacco. Most of the "harm" from buying/doing drugs is because people cut them with other stuff that is incredibly harmful.

However, weed isn't even a drug. It's a plant, a naturally growing plant...

All drugs should be legal, but this is the government that should be in control. What happens now, taxpayers are spending milions if not bilions to fight cartels and gangs and as a result, I'll go to any college in West Midlands, ask any bloke for 2g of coke, and I will have it within 1h.

I however don't think drugs like heroin and meth should be legal, at all. Those have some major major long term effects.

However, a good read for these people that are going by the society scare tatics:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2009/oct/30/drugs-adviser-david-nutt-sacked

Yes, drugs like Weed, Ecstasy, and LSD are harmful in some form or another, but so is tobacco and alcohol...

Zakyath

Reaction score
>However, weed isn't even a drug. It's a plant, a naturally growing plant...

Uhm, well, it contains THC which is a drug, so...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
>However, weed isn't even a drug. It's a plant, a naturally growing plant...

Uhm, well, it contains THC which is a drug, so...

Well NyQuil contains alcohol and sedating antihistamines and/or hypnotics, so that should be illegal too, right? And thats over the counter.

So your reasoning is "it's a drug, so it's bad", right? In that case, what makes that "drug" worse than any of the other drugs that are over the counter, such as NyQuil, DayQuil, Tylenol, stuff like that? How many people have died from overdosing on over-the-counter drugs, and how many people have overdosed on weed? Think about it...

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html
That's also a good read as far as legalizing all drugs and the effects that had in Portugal.

That is an excellent article. A very good read, thanks SQ! I suggest any of you guys with the "what would happen" attitude to read that. I know personally, a lot of people I know have done them just BECAUSE they're illegal. It's like some kind of "secret power" to people. It gives them the "Oh, it's illegal, it must do something really good!" idea in their head, and therefore do it.

Zakyath

Reaction score
>Well NyQuil contains alcohol and sedating antihistamines and/or hypnotics, so that should be illegal too, right? And thats over the counter.

So your reasoning is "it's a drug, so it's bad", right? In that case, what makes that "drug" worse than any of the other drugs that are over the counter, such as NyQuil, DayQuil, Tylenol, stuff like that? How many people have died from overdosing on over-the-counter drugs, and how many people have overdosed on weed? Think about it...

Now, aren't you an assuming fellow! I never said any of that. But you said cannabis wasn't a drug. My point was that since it contains drugs, it might as well be called one. Kinda like saying "Alcohol? No, I only drink vodka."=)

However, I don't think that drugs are bad because they are drugs.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
But you said cannabis wasn't a drug. My point was that since it contains drugs, it might as well be called one.

Aloe vera plants contain drugs, too. Just because, if used in a certain way, it contains some form of "drug", doesn't make the plant itself a drug. Ecstasy is a drug, there is no way around telling someone it isn't a drug. Cannabis however, is still a plant unless used in a certain way. It's used to make rope clothing, and a bunch of other stuff.

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

If you want to read more on why it's illegal :) DDRtist it's a good read for you too

So from what I'm reading here, it's pretty much illegal because of lies and corrupt legislators. Hmm, that is quite a good read, thanks ReVolver. I invite anyone here to even skim through that, it pretty much explains that it's not illegal because of it's effects, but because of political reasons in the past.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I think it should be legalized. We could make good money off of it just like tobacco, and even if it isnt legalized we are still going to smoke it anyways :thup:

So might as well legalize it.

As for the effects of it, yes they do impair you. But still so does alcohol, and alcohol is legal.

FannyShaver

Reaction score

You think they would take a job? And who would pay for it? Of Course ones again the taxpayers.

It is lot better to pay people for sitting in the business, as income from drugs is extremely high. DDr, some drugs still should be illegal of course, but I wasn't mentioning the heaviest ones, as their 'consumption' in the market isn't as high as others.

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
Approved by Ghan_04. Please take a minute to read the rules.

A new debate! This time the topic is Marijuana. What is your opinion about it? Some people say Marijuana should be illegal no matter what. Some say it should be use medically as a treatment and some say it should be legal to anyone who wants it.

What is your opinion? Why?

Let's keep it clean, peaceful and constructive! :)
Thanks.

My personal opinion is that it should be legal at a certain age. Marijuana is healthier then tobacco but for what ever reason it's illegal. In my personal experience people who say it should remain illegal have no problem with people smoking tobacco, even after you explain to them that it's much worse then marijuana.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Marijuana, does not make you a faggot, crazy or takes control of your body, or any of the bull@#%! the media and government feed us with. Simply... bah... go get some of it, try it and then come back here and gather all of us for a big war for the freedom of Marijuana. Doh!

By the way, Marijuana is not a ... drug... it is a freaking plant and God made it, if there is any...

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Drug_War

Mexico, a major drug producing and transit country, is the main foreign supplier of cannabis and a major supplier of methamphetamine to the United States.[13] Although Mexico accounts for only a small share of worldwide heroin production, it supplies a large share of the heroin distributed in the United States.[13][17] Drug cartels in Mexico control approximately 70% of the foreign narcotics that flow into the United States.[18]

The US State Department estimates that 90% of cocaine entering the United States transits Mexico, with Colombia being the main cocaine producer[19]—and that wholesale of illicit drug sale earnings estimates range from $13.6 billion to $48.4 billion annually.[13][20] Mexican drug traffickers increasingly smuggle money back into Mexico in cars and trucks, likely due to the effectiveness of U.S. efforts at monitoring electronic money transfers.[21]

President Felipe Calderón said that the cartels seek "to replace the government" and "are trying to impose a monopoly by force of arms, and are even trying to impose their own laws."[22]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joaquín_Guzmán_Loera

The organization has distribution cells throughout the United States, including cells in Arizona, California, Texas, Chicago, and New York.[1] The organization has also been involved in the production, transshipment, storage, and distribution of marijuana and heroin. The Guzman organization relies on bulk currency shipments to move drug proceeds across the United States-Mexico border.

The World's 10 Most Wanted
Osama Bin Laden, Saudi Arabian. Founder of Al-Qaeda.
Joaquín Guzmán Loera, Mexican. Drug Lord

Rewards of $5,000,000 are offered, respectively in U.S.A.[1][2] and Mexico[3], for information leading to his capture.

http://www.drugscience.org/Archive/bcr2/cashcrops.html

At an estimated $35.8 billion marijuana is by far the largest cash crop in the United States when compared to the average production values of other crops from 2003 to 2005. (Production values for other crops were obtained from the Department of Agriculture. [22])

Based on a comparison with average production values of other crops from 2003 to 2005 marijuana is the top cash crop in 12 states, one of the top 3 cash crops in 30 states, and one of the top 5 cash crops in 39 states. [23] Marijuana is the largest cash crop in Alaska, Alabama, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Kentucky, Maine, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia.

Is that enough for you? ^

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
By the way, Marijuana is not a ... drug... it is a freaking plant and God made it, if there is any...
Yes it is a plant, and it contains drugs that in the context that we are discussing will be released, so you might as well call it a drug.

Marijuana has dangerous effects, if your going to ignore that and not listen to the evidence then I can argue with you about as much as I can argue with a creationist.

Alcohol also has dangerous effects though, so therefore marijuana should be legalized. Other drugs like cocaine are much more dangerous and should not be legalized, also since their consumption is pretty low.

I've noticed that some of the pro drug post seem to consist of "everyone ever is lying, lying!" which really doesn't help the image of pro marijuana people.

decored

Reaction score
I like marijuana but i don't think it should be made legal. Otherwise there may be tendency to legalize other higher drugs and could be the beginning of anarchy or even communism... Although it is illegal i dnt think pot smokers quit but it made them less welcome in public places....which is a good thing:thup:

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like marijuana but i don't think it should be made legal. Otherwise there may be tendency to legalize other higher drugs and could be the beginning of anarchy or even communism... Although it is illegal i dnt think pot smokers quit but it made them less welcome in public places....which is a good thing:thup:

This post made absolutely no sense.

Legalizing Marijuana will lead to higher illicit drugs being legalized, which will then convert our government into a Communist State, or an anarchy?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Makes them less welcome in public places? Uh what, they also get arrested by the tens of thousands all across America every year... If you think that should continue just because someone wants to smoke sit down and smoke a joint in their own home then I have to say you have a really ignorant outlook on people who consume marijuana.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
From what I've expirienced; MJ makes you feel exactly like you're drunk. Though, you still know what you're doing. Unlike Alcohol.

I think it SHOULD be legalized, not only in America. Since the effects are not as dangerous as the effects from alcohol.

Besides, one joint won't make you high (depending if there are other substances in the MJ). Other than that, it would be your personal freedom if you choose to consume it or not.

Anyway, this is my point of view.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
From what I've expirienced; MJ makes you feel exactly like you're drunk. Though, you still know what you're doing. Unlike Alcohol.

Well I don't know what kind you had, but it has similar effects to alcohol I guess. However, alcohol makes you active and do stuff, were as weed makes most people just want to sit and chill and not be too active.

While I agree the effects aren't AS impairing as alcohols, it still is impairing. If you smoke a lot, you do get mild visual effects, and it always slows down your reaction skills.

Besides, one joint won't make you high (depending if there are other substances in the MJ).

I tend to get pretty high on just one, most times with one or two other people sharing one. :nuts:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.