World Marius The Giraffe Skinned In Front Of Children And Fed To Lions (Graphic Pictures)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
o-MARIUS-570.jpg
o-MARIUS-570.jpg

Marius the giraffe has been skinned in front of children and fed to lions.

The healthy two-year-old giraffe was put down on Sunday at Copenhagen Zoo to prevent in-breeding causing an international furore.

Online petitions and even an offer from a wildlife park in Yorkshire to give it a home were not enough to grant a stay of execution.

Marius was put down using a bolt pistol and fed to lions at the zoo.

Visitors, including children, were invited to watch while the giraffe was dissected.

The decision to kill Marius was prompted by the strict inter-breeding rules of the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria to which the zoo belongs.

Bengt Holst, scientific director at the Copenhagen zoo, defended the decision, telling the BBC the campaign to save him had "gone too far".

Giraffes had to be selected to make sure the best genes were being passed down, he said.

"Giraffes today breed very well, and when they do you have to choose and make sure the ones you keep are the ones with the best genes," he told the BBC.

Source with video and more pictures.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to feel bad for the giraffe, the children or the protesters.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Giraffes had to be selected to make sure the best genes were being passed down, he said.

"Giraffes today breed very well, and when they do you have to choose and make sure the ones you keep are the ones with the best genes," he told the BBC.
Lol, they are breeding their super aryan nazi ultra soldiers.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The children needs to witness the cold truth behind all the lies their parents are telling them.

The only thing I can see is a problem with this is that it was a giraffe that was skinned instead of a snotty child (or a parent).

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I mean I'm sure they warned the parents of what they were about to do.

Zoologists gotta do their job! If they can't afford to keep an extra animal & the other zoos around them won't buy the animal, they gotta get rid of it somehow.

Reference: sister's a zoologist in upstate NY

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
That's pure nonsense! They did received offers of a new home! including one from Yorkshire Wildlife Park! as well as a "private buyer who offered 500,000 euros ($674,585)" And seriously, young children to witness acts like this? It's wrong and disgusting!

This story is utter bullshit !

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
That's pure nonsense! They did received offers of a new home! including one from Yorkshire Wildlife Park! as well as a "private buyer who offered 500,000 euros ($674,585)" And seriously, young children to witness acts like this? It's wrong and disgusting!

This story is utter bullshit !

Oh, I did not catch that part of the story! Zoos usually refrain from selling off to private buyers. Also, I'm not quite sure how zoos in Europe work, but there are certified and uncertified zoos & wildlife parks in America, and certified ones only deal with other certified businesses. Perhaps the wildlife park was uncertified? Idk.

I'm sure it could have been handled better though.

Solu9

Reaction score
I did a quick Google translate of a Danish article on the matter:

"The European Association of Zoos provides full support for the Copenhagen Zoo, and there on Sunday came out in an unusually heavy media storm because of the killing of a giraffe .

- Copenhagen Zoo is an exemplary member of our association , and a key player in our global efforts to conserve species such as giraffes , writes communications director David Williams -Mitchell from EAZA in an email correspondence with tv2.dk.

EAZA ( European Association of Zoos and Aqaria ), headquartered in Amsterdam and has over 300 members in 41 European countries - among them the largest Danish zoos.
EAZA says about killing all parties are best served by a "scientific and realistic " approach to the conservation of vulnerable species in captivity. We therefore support the association also Copenhagen ZOO 's decision to be open about the killing and give the public access to view the dead animals being dismembered .

- More than 7,000 people visited Copenhagen Zoo Sunday. They left the garden with a much better understanding of nature and what really threatens the giraffe future , writes David Williams -Mitchell .
Zoo himself explains on its own website :
- It may seem hard that Zoo feeds a cadaver during office hours where there are children present.
- Zoo however takes its dissemination obligation very seriously. Many find that larger and larger segments of the population becomes more and more alienated from nature. Consequently, we believe that we need to convey nature as it is rather than how it is portrayed in many cartoons."

Source (in Danish of course):
http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/samfund/201...-danskerne-op-giraf-aflivning-var-det-rigtige

Analyse yourself.

@FireCat
Stop whining about how brutal this is. It's educational and informative.
None of those children will be traumatized by the experience.
So censor yourself instead of censoring everything else. Pretty please with sugar on top.

FireCat

Reaction score
Such a nonsense! There's nothing educational and informative killing a healthy Giraffe! The "Giraffe did not create the situation, the zoo did it!" When a wildlife park offered to take him, and still they refused poor little thing. That's totally disgusting. And btw: Such barbaric scenes in front of these poor children! That's evil!!!

Solu9

Reaction score
Jesus Christ man...
Would you please strap on a pair and wake up from your rainbow colored candy land huh?
And who are these poor children you are talking about? How about they actually learn a little about life and get some insight at the same time.
Following your what-shall-we-call-it "logic" we should also spare the children from learning how fucked up and brutal religion is, don't tell them how cruel animals are treated so we can get meat from the supermarket and so on and on and on.
Children needs to know that the world is not all pandas and unicorns.
So yes, this is educational and informative. I bet most of the children found it to be a little scary but also interesting. If not, I also bet the parents would take their child and walk away, no?
More over. If you read the OP you would also understand the reason to why the decision to kill the giraffe was made to begin with.

So put your head back in your ass if you can't stand the smell of fresh air and the view of the world.

FireCat

Reaction score
So yes, this is educational and informative. I bet most of the children found it to be a little scary but also interesting. If not, I also bet the parents would take their child and walk away, no?

would also understand the reason to why the decision to kill the giraffe was made to begin with.
Such a fucking joke! Maybe this kids should watch hangings?
Would that also be "educational and informative?"

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Such a fucking joke! Maybe this kids should watch hangings?
Would that also be "educational and informative?"

Obviously. You get to tell them, "This is what you get if I catch you in my sock drawer one more time.".

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
This is fake anyway. We all know giraffes aren't real.

FireCat

Reaction score
Haha @Tom

Obviously. You get to tell them, "This is what you get if I catch you in my sock drawer one more time.".
Tell them? They should see with their own eyes ! Don't you think so? Ha

Anyway, There were people that wanted to have that giraffe! The giraffe could been sterilized and sold to a good home!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.