Sci/Tech Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human- induced—cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory.

Earth is currently experiencing rapid warming, which the vast majority of climate scientists says is due to humans pumping huge amounts of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

Mars, too, appears to be enjoying more mild and balmy temperatures.

In 2005 data from NASA's Mars Global Surveyor and Odyssey missions revealed that the carbon dioxide "ice caps" near Mars's south pole had been diminishing for three summers in a row.

Habibullo Abdussamatov, head of the St. Petersburg's Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory in Russia, says the Mars data is evidence that the current global warming on Earth is being caused by changes in the sun.

"The long-term increase in solar irradiance is heating both Earth and Mars," he said.

Last edited:

Tonks

Reaction score
So, basically, we're being trapped and then screwed. The one planet that scientists theorized we could one day go to is experiencing the same thing ruining our planet.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
And there I thought global warming would become a problem some day...
Now I know better, it's all Mars Explorer's fault.
What a relief.
Damn Marsmen!

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
So, basically, we're being trapped and then screwed. The one planet that scientists theorized we could one day go to is experiencing the same thing ruining our planet.

Global warming is actually something that's occured on Earth since it's inception - But I think what a lot of people fail to see is that global warming doesn't lead to even more global warming, it leads to an ice age.

So yeah, we're basically screwed either way.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Global warming is actually something that's occured on Earth since it's inception - But I think what a lot of people fail to see is that global warming doesn't lead to even more global warming, it leads to an ice age.
Yea...nature has a nasty habbit of fluctuating like that when things go far.

I like cold weather :)

U

Ur-Quan

I like it cold too :D .
BTW here its summer already.
People stopped wearing anything but shirts
What is not normal because here would be winter and icey around this time

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
People will keep running in circles :p

Me, I just wonder when those blasted meteors are going to start to fall.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Haha, if in the long run something like this makes use screwed, I want to die fast. xP

B

Bhoudha

I believe in humanity and I believe in people. If the ice age try to bite earth ass I'm sure the science will find a way to stop it!

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Actually, we knew this since 2000 if you read "State of Fear" Its a natural warming trend that apparenty started about 100 years ago or something.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Awesome, that means we can continue to pollute the environment! Woot!

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
Actually, if you look at gobal tempurachures, they really don't increase at all. I forget the exact cite, but at NASA, you can look at tempurachure maps with yearly tempurachures and their averages through a number of years. Also, google global warming, and you'll figure out why it's almost completly innacurate.
Like my spelling in this post

EDIT: 700th post somewhares ago. I completly forgot my 666th, it makes me sad :( :(

Vulcansurge

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Why cant people understand that human activity is causing the warming? Why do we need to keep looking for excuses??

Awesome, that means we can continue to pollute the environment! Woot!

You got it right! Excuses excuses. We'll soon be beyond the point of no return, and you'll have NASA and their Mars Pictures for that!

And there I thought global warming would become a problem some day...
Now I know better, it's all Mars Explorer's fault.
What a relief.
Damn Marsmen!

Just realised u posted the same as me. Me and you think alike acehart.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Actually, if you look at gobal tempurachures, they really don't increase at all. I forget the exact cite, but at NASA, you can look at tempurachure maps with yearly tempurachures and their averages through a number of years. Also, google global warming, and you'll figure out why it's almost completly innacurate.

Even a few average degrees difference can mean the difference between blazing heat and icey winds. Though, most of global warming comes from the ice caps and how they fluctuate, barely noticeable changes in the temperature are still noticeable.

bhoudha said:
I believe in humanity and I believe in people. If the ice age try to bite earth ass I'm sure the science will find a way to stop it!

If we cannot stop something as minute as a hurricane hitting our southern borders, what makes you think we can prevent something as catastrophic as a global ice age? Science cannot turn back the wheel of time - It's like trying to turn a tree back into an acorn.

xxxtrickyxxx

(o Y o)
Reaction score
well if you bring christianity into this it all makes sense... Global warming will happen nomatter what you do, it is ineveitable. Basically a reformation of the Earth right? Turns into iceage again and the thousands or millions of years it takes again to be livable without all the ice and all the peoples from heaven come down and live on the perfect planet once again.

Corleone

Reaction score
well if you bring christianity into this it all makes sense... Global warming will happen nomatter what you do, it is ineveitable. Basically a reformation of the Earth right? Turns into iceage again and the thousands or millions of years it takes again to be livable without all the ice and all the peoples from heaven come down and live on the perfect planet once again.

Erm... the last Ice Age didn't take place too long ago, and yet here we are on this lovely warm planet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.