Mass Doodads copying and mirroring ?

M

Mitavreb

Hi,

I know that in the editor you can select a portion of terrain and copy it and rotate/mirror and paste it somewhere else.

I wanted to know if it is possible to do the same with a selection of doodads.

Thanks.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Yeah just go to the doodad layer and go to selection like normal copying and pasting methods. Copy it all then paste it and use the edit drop down menu to rotate them around.

M

Mitavreb

Thanks, but I did not manage to mirror my selection: how can I do it exactly?

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Go to Layer at the top of the screen and it will bring down choices of layers to use. Select doodad then make your selection on your map of which doodads to copy. Then once you have copied them go to Edit to make your rotations and what not.

M

Mitavreb

I can make rotations, but I cannot mirror, as the commands "mirror paste selection" are not selectable.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
When you say mirror I'm assuming you're referring to copying the doodads so correct me if I'm wrong. I just copy everything by selecting them then pressing Cntrl + C and then I paste them by pressing Cntrl + V. If that is not what mirror is then I'm not sure really what the problem is in the first place. :)

EDIT == I looked in World Editor at what "mirror" is and I can't help you on that one. I think if you rotate it properly it will work the same way though.

M

Mitavreb

I'm sorry, (this is not ironical :D) I didn't express myself correctly: imagine I have a map which can be divided in 4 squares that are exactly the same (same terrain, same doodads..), only, they are simmetrical, so things that are on the right in the upperRight square are on the left in the upperLeft square.

If I want to copy doodads from one square to another, I can't just copy them, I need to flip the whole selection.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> the commands "mirror paste selection" are not selectable.

Actually, they are.
But... only after you used "paste".

Paste does not instantly put them on the map.
If gives you a huge selection and waits for you to click the perfect spot.
Well, while trying to find it, mirror and rotate are available.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.