Mass frost nova -- not working

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Hello. I need help with a spell. Here's what I have so far.

Code:
Abyssmal Cold
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Abyssmal Cold 
    Actions
        Set Cold_Caster = (Triggering unit)
        Set Cold_Caster_Loc = (Position of Cold_Caster)
        Set Cold_Area = (Region centered at Cold_Caster_Loc with size (600.00, 600.00))
        Set Cold_Integer[1] = (6 x (Level of Abyssmal Cold  for Cold_Caster))
        Trigger - Turn on Abyssmal Cold Damage <gen>
Code:
Abyssmal Cold Damage
    Events
        Time - Every 0.33 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Temp_Location = (Random point in Cold_Area)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Owner of Cold_Caster) is an ally of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 6 (Orange) at Temp_Location facing Default building facing degrees
                Set Cold_Target = (Last created unit)
            Else - Actions
            If - Conditions
                ((Owner of Cold_Caster) is an ally of Player 6 (Orange)) Equal to True
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at Temp_Location facing Default building facing degrees
                Set Cold_Target = (Last created unit)
            Else - Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Epicenter Wave Dummy for (Owner of Cold_Caster) at Temp_Location facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Set level of Aqua Spike (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Aqua Spike  for Cold_Caster)
        Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Lich - Frost Nova Cold_Target
        Set Cold_Integer[2] = (Cold_Integer[2] + 1)
            If - Conditions
                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                    Conditions
                        Cold_Integer[2] Equal to Cold_Integer[1]
                        (Current order of Cold_Caster) Equal to (Order(stop))
            Then - Actions
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Cold_Caster_Loc)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Temp_Location)
                Set Cold_Integer[2] = 0
            Else - Actions

Yes, I know it leaks. I'll get to that, no worries. :cool:

So basically, what I want is that random frost novas pop out randomly in the area around the hero. Problem is, nothing comes up at all. I've checked the dummy ability (no mana cost, no cooldown) the dummies themselves (has mana pool, has the ability, has locust, not invulnerable) and nothing works. I might have missed something vital yet so simple. Please help. Thanks in advance. :D

S

Scroller

Don't Frost Novas have to be targeted? Maybe thats the problem. Try basing the dummy spell off something that does not need to be targeted.

Reaction score
Dummy's cant have anything casted on them. So, when you order the unit to cast Frost Nova on the target, it can't because it cant target it. An ez fix is to just make another dummy, dont give it locust, give it 1 hp (Or give it half as much the frost nova spell does to the main target- this is safer), and then just create this as a target.

And, yea, it would be easier to not use frost nova bc its a target spell. Try using war stomp and giving it frost nova animation, dunno if frost nova anim will work with stomp

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Alright, I'll try not giving it locust first. I thought that dummies with locust could still be targeted through triggers. :) Thanks for the help.

EDIT: Sometimes, other units appear to attack mid-air (they're actually targeting the dummies with no locust). I wonder if there's a way to avoid that. I really want the slow effect of the frost nova.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
create an ability based on Thunder Clap. it has some slows and an area of effect damage. Similar to Frost Nove and give it to your dummy units.
Then in your triggers, add the ability to them and order them to cast it

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Well, I would like the blue tinting effect on the units as well but I guess it'll do. Thanks for the help.

Akolyt0r

Reaction score
thunder clap deforms the terrain ...which will not be look so good eh ?
i have not read to all your code, but couldnt you just cust frost nova on every unit you want to be slowed (with no AoE-range for the nova-spell then of course) ?
EDIT: ah now i read the code i think you might not want that too hmmm...
the effect of the ability should look like random frost novas in the AoE of the Spell right ?

you could upload a map with the spell in it ...so we can have a closer look at it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.