World Massive beer vat convoy heading to Toronto / Beer Convoy arrives

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
One of the most logistically complex moving jobs in Ontario’s history has begun as six giant beer vats are taken from Hamilton harbour to a Molson Coors brewery in northwest Toronto.

"Today is the big day. It is finally here!" Sarah Sheehan, spokesperson for Challenger Motor Freight, said Friday about what her company is calling the Big Move.

The Cambridge, Ont.-based company began its work on the project in July, with events starting to accelerate in late October, she said.

The vats, which resemble jumbo jet engines, are 45 metres long, eight metres high and more than seven metres wide. They can hold about six million bottles of beer.

More Here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took more than 35 police officers, a 40-vehicle convoy and 20 utility vehicles 10 days to travel just 108 km - going through 250 stop lights and under 1,614 specially-raised service wires - but the Beer Convoy finally reached the Molson Coors brewery this week.

"It's an epic day at the Molson Coors Toronto brewery. This morning at 4 a.m., we watched our six new beer fermentors, 'tanks' rolled down Carlingview Drive and made their way (here)," reads a Monday, Jan. 17 blog entry on the Molson website.

More Here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Only in Canada, do you have massive beer convoy's.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
They could take a little Texas detour and I would take some of that off there hands :)

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
I love this country.

Slayer4000X2008

That guy from Canada
Reaction score
Oh come on Jedi, didn't you know we Canadians statistically drink more beer the the Irish. Atleast last I checked we did.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.