Maximum ability objects

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
I want to know the limit on how many abilities can be created in the Object Editor. Apparently the team who worked on TKoK RPG ran into issues with creating items (from what I've been told, around ~4000 items), but I haven't been able to find any information on it.

Does anyone know about any hidden limits? I'm not sure how to test this either - I could create abilities en-masse using ObjectMerger or GMSI, but I'm not sure what kind of bugs I am expecting. (apparently some kind of conflict with item IDS was the issue the TKoK team had, but I don't know where their forums are)

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
With JassNewGen im pretty sure you have no limits and even if you do, its a extremely high number like the 4000 items. Something you will never reach to so you shouldn't worry about it.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
With JassNewGen im pretty sure you have no limits and even if you do, its a extremely high number like the 4000 items. Something you will never reach to so you shouldn't worry about it.

I wouldn't say that its something that will not be reached in "average" circumstances.

Let's say I have I want to have item sets. There are five items per set. Now, the real thing is that I want the tooltips to have the pieces of the set that you have in orange, and the ones you don't are gray. i.e. if you have a sword and shield from a set, only the sword and shield are in orange text, and the rest of the items are in gray. That means I have to make 5! (120) items per set. 10 classes (not that outrageous) with 5 sets each ... I'm at 6000 items.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score

I'm going to create 6 ability objects per ability, so I can have them easily swap around a player's command card. So 100 abilities means 600 ability objects. I'd like to implement more then 100 abilities in my map.

Then when you also consider other abilities from non-hero units, Status, passive abilities...

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
sounds more like a physical/time limitation then it does a WE limitation - good luck creating and editing 6000 items....

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I think the only limit you have to worry about is the rawcode limit. But that is over a million, so you shouldn't run into problems.

If you really need to, just create a lua script that creates like 6000 objects. It would probably take forever to generate, but I'm pretty sure you wouldn't run into problems.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.