Maximum Cooldown???

sur5al

Reaction score
Got interesting problem, hope its not a bug in my w3 game and someone will help me.
It seems as if maximum spell cooldown would be set to 300s somewhere in "game constants".
In editor you can make your spells cd up to 3600 (or up to 10000 if you hold shift before selecting it like when you want to set negative values), but in game (in my map at least) it perfectly only works up to 300s. If i make cd bigger than 300s, it still goes to 300 after ability is used.
For example: if i make cd 600s and use that spell, its cooldown meter (that dark shade on icon) immediately goes to its half mark, it covers just half of an icon instead of covering it all, and spell is ready after 300s, not after 600s as i want it.
Im using War Stomp, and also tested on Locust Swarm, so it probably doesn't depend on ability itself.

P.S. not sure if it maters, but im using those hero based abilities on buildings.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Hmm. That's kinda weird. I tried it out myself and the same thing happened. But I can't see a field saying maximum spell cooldown in gameplay constants... Might just be a maximum hidden limit. What do you want a 600s cooldown for anyway?

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Then make a 300s cooldown, then when the spell is cast, wait 300 seconds and create a dummy building or whatever to cast the spell on again.

sur5al

Reaction score
sometimes w3 makes me so angry, because of such hidden stupid things... :banghead:
i need it to be more than 5min since it is some mega big ulti to save your ass, but you should use it very carefully and only 2 or 3 times in game that lasts 30-40min.
im sure i saw maps that had abilities with 360s cooldowns or more. Turns out that they probably were not real. (creator thought that it was more than 300s, but it wasn't :))

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Why not make it an item with 5+ minutes stock replenish interval? Then they can only buy it once every 5+ minutes

sur5al

Reaction score
Why not make it an item with 5+ minutes stock replenish interval? Then they can only buy it once every 5+ minutes

Y thats a great idea. Though it will need some triggers for my Virtual Intelligence to use it well (since you can play against computer opponents), but thats really good idea. Thanks a lot, give you rep...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.