Maze Map Making

M

Mulgore

Ok, I love to play and create custom mazes all the time in "Maze Designer". It is a game that maze makers can custom make mazes and allow people to play them and design them as well. I am always getting compliments on my character Mulgor about how good my mazes are and that I should start making games. I've tried to make games like "Orc Gladiators 2" and got so far but didn't finish because I couldn't do certian triggers. I want to start a Maze Map. So...

How do I make it so if you walk on Grass you die but if you stay on Brick (Unbuildable) you die or, make it so if you walk off Brick (Unbuildable) at all you die?

T]i[T]a[N

Reaction score
READ THE WHOLE POST BEFORE STARTING!!!​

Okay there are two ways I know of that you can do this. One is The region death which is fairly simple, yet takes lots of regions. Or two Terrain death which is more advanced but takes only one trigger and is easy once you get the hang of it...

Terrain Death:
Code:
Terrain Deaths
    Events
        Time - Every 0.10 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by (Player((Integer A)))) and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                Or - Any (Conditions) are true
                                    Conditions
                                        (Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Cityscape - Grass Trim
                                        (Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Cityscape - Brick
                                        (Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Cityscape - Square Tiles
                                        (Terrain type at (Position of (Picked unit))) Equal to Cityscape - Rough Dirt
                                (Owner of (Picked unit)) Not equal to Player 12 (Brown)
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Kill (Picked unit)
                            Else - Actions
                                Do nothing

As you can see you can use this one trigger for however many terrains you have in your map.

Yes this requires Variables If you already know how to do them, great! If not leave a post for me to post how to do so. anyways here it is.

Code:
INIT
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
        None
    Actions
        Set Player_Mazer[1] = Demon Hunter 0000 <gen>
        Set Player_Mazer[2] = Demon Hunter 0001 <gen>
        Set Player_Mazer[3] = Demon Hunter 0002 <gen>
        Set Player_Mazer[4] = Demon Hunter 0003 <gen>
        Set Player_Mazer[5] = Demon Hunter 0004 <gen>
        Set Player_Mazer[6] = Demon Hunter 0005 <gen>
        Set Player_Mazer[7] = Demon Hunter 0006 <gen>
        Set Player_Mazer[8] = Demon Hunter 0007 <gen>
        Set Player_Mazer[9] = Demon Hunter 0008 <gen>
        Set Player_Mazer[10] = Demon Hunter 0009 <gen>

Name - Whatever you feel :D
Variable type - Unit
Array - However many Demon Hunters or whatever mazing unit you have (ammount)
Initial Value - None

When you have this set, you can place it in the trigger.

Now Time for the more simple trigger!

Code:
Events
             Unit - A unit enters (Your Region)
          Conditions
             (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Demon Hunter
             (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green)
             (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Not Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
          Actions
             Kill (Triggering Unit)

You must place regions around your whole entire path for this trigger :banghead:
Meaning you have to set this trigger for each region you have, sometimes causing the map maker to become lazy and making starighter and less windy paths, making the maze boring! Which is why I suggest the first one, although the bottom one is the one to use if you are inexperienced with triggers. (mainly variables) good luck and have fun!

-T]i[T]a[N

T]i[T]a[N

Reaction score
Okay wait so let me read this right... You want to make it so that WHEN YOU/ELSE step on the grass you die, and when YOU/ELSE step on the rock you die?To me that makes no sense because your going to die... ALL THE TIME. I would suggest reading this: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/cat_usersubmit.php?view=19952 It's a very good maze map making tutoarial, thanks for posting and have fun makeing em' maps ;).

What he means is he wants a trigger that if YOU walk off the path with YOUR mazing unit you die... making the maze, well... A maze!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.