Crime Md. Family Sues Frostburg University’s Coaches After Son’s Death

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
GERMANTOWN, Md. (WJZ) — A Frostburg University football player died during the 2011 preseason. Now his family is blaming what they call the “utter incompetence” of the coaching staff. They have filed a lawsuit against the coaches, the NCAA and the helmet manufacturer.

Meghan McCorkell has more on what’s in that suit.

Derek Sheely’s family says their son was participating in a dangerous drill when he collapsed on the sidelines and never regained consciousness.

“It’s the greatest game invented on the face of the earth,” Derek Sheely said in a student video.

It was on the football field where the 22-year-old collapsed. According to a lawsuit, Sheely was bleeding from the head and told his coach he didn’t feel right. Witnesses say the coach told him, “Stop your bitching and moaning and quit acting like a [expletive] and get back out there.” Sheely fell unconscious moments later and never woke up.

----------------
Almost the same thing happened to me in football I got nailed real hard, speared by a helmet twice in a row and the 2nd time coach told me I was a faker and have heart. I found out years later I had broken my leg. The 2nd time it hit me I did not get up for a few and had a huge bruise to prove it the next few days. Coach don't care if your hurt and that is not anything new. Coach is not doctors.

Last edited:

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You've gotta wonder what the [expletive] is... my brain keeps telling me 'bitch,' but they obviously would've just said that since they begin the sentence with, "Stop your bitching..."

Cunt, maybe? Pussy?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You've gotta wonder what the [expletive] is... my brain keeps telling me 'bitch,' but they obviously would've just said that since they begin the sentence with, "Stop your bitching..."

Cunt, maybe? Pussy?

Most likely stop being a Pussy.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
The town is called GERMANTOWN? In all capital letters? Makes sense.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Oh crap... Such a coach !
The coach should have know more about "what is safe and what isn't" for the player

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.