Mechanical Healing Potion Issue

rileyknight

How would I prevent a mechanical unit from using a healing potion or regeneration potions?

I've modified the targets allowed and it doesn't work.

My only solution was to trigger it, but if I have multiple types of healing potions and regeneration potions, the trigger could become quite large.

ZakkWylde-

EDIT: You modified the targets of the healing potions and regeneration potions to exclude Mechanical? How is this even possible?

rileyknight

EDIT: You modified the targets of the healing potions and regeneration potions to exclude Mechanical? How is this even possible?
Inside of the item is an ability. That ability has an option to modify labelled "Stats - Targets Allowed" and I know for sure that it works with other abilities, for some reason it is not now. I, of course, realize that targeting is a dark art, but perhaps someone knows of a way to make it work.

inevit4ble

You could make the potions so they can't be picked up by the mechanical unit quite easily. Perhaps thats a solution?
You would don't this via Item Classifications

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
How would I prevent a mechanical unit from using a healing potion or regeneration potions?

I've modified the targets allowed and it doesn't work.

My only solution was to trigger it, but if I have multiple types of healing potions and regeneration potions, the trigger could become quite large.
there is no way without triggers.

ZakkWylde-

If you want all of the items that you add to act the same way...it seems as simple as creating an item (or an item-type) array, setting each "new" item (that you decide to add) to an index of the array. Then when an item is used...check if it (or its type) is equal to anything in the array -- from first index to last possible index (i.e., the number of items you have) -- and do whatever you wanted to do with the trigger. THIS MIGHT BE BETTER if you check item-types instead...really depends on what you're doing.

This will prevent the trigger from becoming unwieldy. (The second trigger that sets an index of the array to each new item might get pretty big, but it is all variable-setting, and it is well-ordered).

My $.02 anyways--hope it helps.

inevit4ble

Well if you adapt Zakk's idea but instead of ItemType you use ItemClass, and in the object editor you use one classification for all the potions (only potions) and check itemClass of ManipulatedItem and order unit to stop or what ever.

rileyknight

Well if you adapt Zakk's idea but instead of ItemType you use ItemClass, and in the object editor you use one classification for all the potions (only potions) and check itemClass of ManipulatedItem and order unit to stop or what ever.
This seems like the best solution. Although the ideal situation would be preventing them from USING the item, as opposed to picking up the item. However, I don't want to trigger each item so I guess I have to do, what I have to do.

ZakkWylde-

Thank you. sir, for the fix.

inevit4ble

Thank you. sir, for the fix.
Lol teamwork :)

This seems like the best solution. Although the ideal situation would be preventing them from USING the item, as opposed to picking up the item. However, I don't want to trigger each item so I guess I have to do, what I have to do.
I was referring to stopping the use,
similar process as forcing a drop on pick up, but instead forcing the unit to stop when unit uses item.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I really do not want to move to California otherwise I might consider it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah California is not anywhere you really want to live
  • The Helper The Helper:
    That is why I did not take the job Blizzard offered me back in the day, there is no way I could have moved my family there on what they were offering, not even close and that was like 20 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah they wanted me on the tech support team when they did not get me they got one of the next MVPs in Dinobot
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot was one of the youngest of the MVPs tkron probably could have worked for Blizzard but he had a good job in Chicago doing business programming already
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot probably still works for Blizzard would love to reconnect with that guy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wonder what ever happened to Wargasm?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This new version of Xenforo really is awesome
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Wargasm is still around. He works for the domain registrar where thehelper.net is kept.
  • Varine Varine:
    Is sqrage still around?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I have not seen him on lately the forum says he was last on 2 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    How are you doing Varine have not seen you around in a minute
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    lol I live in CA
    I've got some friends in animation department who have been applying for Blizzard, doing interviews and such. They said the workplace seems nice, though now it'd be all remote work I suppose
  • The Helper The Helper:
    good for them I live close to Austin and am trying to get my kids interested in getting into Games but not having much luck. I would never let them move to Cali.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    unless it was huge money
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and even then with the taxes I really could never let them move there
    Haha fair enough, I have no interest in CA at all as a living place either. Really only here just for the work in LA, but hopefully once I get settled enough in my work, I can move out
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    +1
  • jonas jonas:
    " a traditionally-sized California family of one person ":cool:
    +1

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop