Melee poison sting

Extes

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hello TheHelper.net!
This is my first time posting a technical question regarding the world editor and I'm ashamed to admit it is probably something I am simply over looking...
I am making a hero siege, and want one of my melee heroes to have the ability to poison the targets they attack. Ive tried using Poison Sting as a basis for the custom ability. But it doesn't apply the DOT, debuff, or even consume the mana. I tried changing his attack type to missile, but that did not change it. Tried adjusting range, and that didn't help. Went from using my custom ability, to using the default Poison Arrow ability, and still no damage over time, damage increase, mana consumption, or any of the otehr effects I can add to the poison sting ability. I thought it may have something to do with the buffs, or dependencies, so I tried to turn them off, and tried again with the buffs on, but the dependencies off, and it still will not go through. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time!

-Extes-

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
From the Warcraft III "Weird" Ability Guide:
Poison Arrows Will not work on a unit based on a melee unit (eg: Given to a Paladin, or given to a Paladin made into a range unit) (Thanks Av3n)

In other words, you ought to remake the unit from a ranged unit converted into a melee unit, I think. (FYI, I have not tried this to make sure it will work.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.