Melee (Melee style map) Increased hero experience rate and levels and respawning mobs!

Bigheaded

Reaction score
So i was bored of normal melee, my net is often down at the moment cos it's crap, so wanted something to amuse me for a while and came up with this!

Probably isn't very original but it's good fun.

Map is on Gnoll Wood, as 6 players seemed a good number, and the map is pretty balanced allowing all types of battles (i.e 1v1, 2v2, 2v2v2, ffa, 3v3)

Additions:
Heroes receive roughly 3x normal exp
Heroes can reach way over lvl 10
Mobs respawn and continue to provide item drops
Towers give exp for getting kills like in ROC (very much considering removing this, as you can place a few outside a creep camp for free exp + gold + items (presuming someone doesnt steal the items)
Can turn items which drop from creeps into tome's. So a salve will not turn into a tome, but a circlet of power will, because a creep "can" drop the item, even if it's bought from a shop.

Current things which i'm working on:
Replacing creeps at gold mines (previously i had it so that creeps would revive at gold mines... so when you expo'd... you get the idea :D ) now these creeps won't respawn on my current map.
Deciding whether the first time you kill creeps in that area should yield "extra" item drops (needs testers to make some form of decision)
Selling items which arn't needed without moving to a shop
Additional upgrades (so past 3/3)
Heroes having abilities either which increase with level or passed 3 for normal skills and 1 for ulti.
Balancing stronger heroes a bit (Blademaster has some real fun, hit a nice 900 crit on one game with a level 20 BM)
Currently you can have more than 3 heroes, presuming you have t3, might change the cap to 4 heroes, currently no cap, can have as many heroes as you can lay your hands on (4 for each race, presuming you steal their worker with banshee/DR and 8 tavern heroes means it's possible to have all 100 food used by heroes)
Gold mine "refills" itself after ~5 mins of being used up. The idea is that you are crippled if you don't get an expo, but not out of the game.
Sorting out minimap image, seeing it's deleted itself! Fixed, unsure what problem was, but it's back.

Interested for feedback:
1. Did you like it?
2. Would you be interested in further versions, perhaps with some of the changes above?
3. What would you change/add?
4. Any "bugs"?
5. Challenge: Win by using nothing but a single hero + towers (DH/BM/PL are probably best, DH + PL have aoe, BM with invis + crit), did you manage it?
6. How long would you like it before creeps respawned?

Map is editable, so you can view triggers used.

Current Download link:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/189532/

Old Download links:
First release on TH.net: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/188142/
Post #6: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/188649/

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you should make bases take very little damage from heroes, so they cant run in solo and wtfpwn 1 shot bases lol... i would just make the armor type of the bases reduce the damage taken from heroes by 90-99% so that you have to use armies to win, otherwise armies become obsolete when you get your hero OP enough

Bigheaded

Reaction score
Heroes would never take out a base particularly quickly with their main attack.
For example, my lvl 20 stacked blademaster whom had taken ~30 odd tomes was still way under 100 damage per hit, hero damage is reduced by 50% to buildings, so only ~40 damage per hit, heck i would be better off using 2x catapults.

But it's a very valid point though, as i think buildings need to be more durable, and seeing it's based on the late game idea, rather than just early game strats such as tower rushing someone, anything which improves chances of surviving early game strats is generally preferable. Also, it kinda sucks really late at 100 food armies to try and make a new expo. Seeing it will die before it ever mines any gold.

Will probably change the food caps/upkeep amounts too, thinking on those lines. Perhaps give every race some form of masonry upgrade.

thanks for your comment :)

GFreak45

Reaction score
have you thought about centering it more around heroes with a max of 1 hero and a wide variety of heroes?

Bigheaded

Reaction score
have you thought about centering it more around heroes with a max of 1 hero and a wide variety of heroes?

I have considerred it a little. Problem then would be to make tonnes of new items and shops to sell the items or to radically change each races shop.

Not quite sure i really wish to move into that direction at the moment, i'll fix other problems first before making new ones ;)

thanks though!

Any "simple" opionions? i.e: "it sucked" or "would play again". for if no-one cares/likes it, i'll probably forget about posting it here and make one last update for my own use.

Another thing to add to my fix list: Half of the aura items have disappeared from the drops, i.e the kodo aura item, endurance aura item and 1 or 2 more.

Bigheaded

Reaction score
Current things which i'm working on:
Replacing creeps at gold mines (previously i had it so that creeps would revive at gold mines... so when you expo'd... you get the idea ) these creeps won't respawn on my current map. started, need to finish for 6 player spots
Deciding whether the first time you kill creeps in that area should yield "extra" item drops (needs testers to make some form of decision) needs feedback
Selling items which arn't needed without moving to a shop started
Additional upgrades (so past 3/3) started
Heroes having abilities either which increase with level or passed 3 for normal skills and 1 for ulti. not started
Balancing stronger heroes a bit (Blademaster has some real fun, hit a nice 900 crit on one game with a level 20 BM) not started
Currently you can have more than 3 heroes, presuming you have t3, might change the cap to 4 heroes, currently no cap, can have as many heroes as you can lay your hands on (4 for each race, presuming you steal their worker with banshee/DR and 8 tavern heroes means it's possible to have all 100 food used by heroes) no feedback yet
Gold mine "refills" itself after ~5 mins of being used up. The idea is that you are crippled if you don't get an expo, but not out of the game. Not started
Half of the aura items have disappeared from the drops, i.e the kodo aura item, endurance aura item and 1 or 2 more. just me being dumb, added it so level 5 permanents are possible to drop.
Other notes
Fixed a few locations where creeps were not respawning.
Added item morphing, can convert unneeded items into tomes. This has been fixed to work with tavern heroes as well now.
Adding an ability to sell items also. Not finished.

What you may expect!
woop.jpg

New map:
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/188649/

GFreak45

Reaction score
you could just have a condition where they wont respawn if there is a nearby unit owned by a player

Bigheaded

Reaction score
you could just have a condition where they wont respawn if there is a nearby unit owned by a player

I basically have this. apart from that it's owned by any player, a small problem is some of the regions arn't big enough.

If it's gold mine creeps, then that's already solved. Creeps simply don't respawn at gold mines ;)

thanks a lot by the way for at least showing some interest. Posted it on a WC3 forum and it's had some decent interest there. So will be working a little more on it :)

Just made it so it's using the current patches units, was still on the editor default lol. was wondering why my gryphs had piercing damage. not uploaded that map here yet.

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Intrigued as my internet blows on battle.net also.
When I get home and have some time I will definitely try this out

Bigheaded

Reaction score
was told but someone who tested it how to change the map's units to current version. So now frost wyrms are dealing magic damage and not piercing lol and shops are selling the right items.

Also fixed the tavern units so they are getting convert to tome again.
Added convert to gold, not yet fully done (should work fine though) so no need to pick up items to sell them although you'll get a little bit less than normal selling price.

New found bug: alchemist rage (and DH morph?) skills cause them to lose the convert spells.

new map: http://www.epicwar.com/maps/189532/

Not started on:
Gold mine "refills" itself after ~5 mins of being used up. The idea is that you are crippled if you don't get an expo, but not out of the game.
Deciding whether the first time you kill creeps in that area should yield "extra" item drops (needs testers to make some form of decision) needs feedback
Making it so that in FFA with less than 5 people, that people will spawn as fair as possible.
Heroes having abilities either which increase with level or passed 3 for normal skills and 1 for ulti.
Balance stronger heroes a bit.
Select a maximum hero amount: Needs feedback.
Fix alchemist/DH losing convert spells on rage/morph.

Working on:
Replacing creeps at gold mines.
Additional upgrades (so past 3/3) and new ones for hp of units.
New units in the creep pool.

Finished(ish):
Selling items which arn't needed without moving to a shop.
item morphing, can convert unneeded items into tomes.
Marketplaces now get new items over time.
Aura items found and added to possible drops and possible marketplace item.
Units are now from the current patch, rather than from about 1.04.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.