World Meltdown of the climate 'consensus'

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
If this keeps up, no one's going to trust any scientists.

The global-warming establishment took a body blow this week, as the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change received a stunning rebuke from a top-notch independent investigation.

For two decades, the IPCC has spearheaded efforts to convince the world's governments that man-made carbon emissions pose a threat to the global temperature equilibrium -- and to civilization itself. IPCC reports, collated from the work of hundreds of climate scientists and bureaucrats, are widely cited as evidence for the urgent need for drastic action to "save the planet."

But the prestigious InterAcademy Council, an independent association of "the best scientists and engineers worldwide" (as the group's own Web site puts it) formed in 2000 to give "high-quality advice to international bodies," has finished a thorough review of IPCC practices -- and found them badly wanting.

Last edited:

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Meh.
Overestimations are wrong, but still the core idea is true.
But wtf, 50% less rain in certain regions in Afrika because of 2-3 degree celsius? Seriously? That's pretty absurd.

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
No, It Isn't!

Before asuming anything, you need proof to backup. Same goes for Never_Quit.

IMO, this is ridiculous, since science is all about enlightening other people by explaining how something works.
Theories or "It could be that.." sort of stuff isn't worth evaluating yet. It's just an idea of how the inner working may look like.

Besides, I don't think that anybody can tell what exactly the force of nature may be doing. You can't even tell what direction a hurricane may be moving because all the currents of warm and cold air constantly change it's direction, speed and power.

I'm not gonna say that this theory is all wrong or right, but I guess we should go on being clean and wait till time tells us what direction we're heading at.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
No, It Isn't!

Yes, it is!

Besides, I don't think that anybody can tell what exactly the force of nature may be doing. You can't even tell what direction a hurricane may be moving because all the currents of warm and cold air constantly change it's direction, speed and power.
Your argument is invalid.
Just because we can't tell every small detail doesn't mean we can't see how it's going to be on a big scale.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
No, It Isn't!

It's Just Bullshit!

We didn't cause the ice age, "did we?" and if the temperature has went up 5-9 degrees thats not a global warmning.
Its Just a normal "climate change" of the Earth after an Ice Age period.

Btw: What about recent record cold temperatures and snow storms?

And you should know.. It's only Scare Tactics

Fear It makes you an easier target.. for, Pay a tax, change the climate!

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Nature is mostly unpredictable.

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
Yes, it is!

I actually wasn't going for a real argument, I just thought it was funny how you wrote 'no it isn't!' :p I'm actually quite tired of the entire argument.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We will die of ocean acidification long before warming, if we're going to die that is

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Actually, we'll die by the Large Hadron Collider and its Black Holes first!
So nothing to worry about.

perkeyone

something clever
Reaction score
i really dont get the argument...

why do people think global warming is a scare tactic?
why would someone just make up global warming?
who has something to gain by making people believing in global warming?
if humans are not causing an increase in global temperatures, why would it be a bad thing to reduce carbon emissions?
would it be a bad thing to try to decrease global temperatures or to try to slow their rise?
would it be a bad thing to try to conserve nonrenewable resources and explore cleaner alternatives?
isnt it possible that humans arent the sole cause but rather a small part of it?

EDIT: these are my honest questions, i am not being sarcastic.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Actually, we'll die by the Large Hadron Collider and its Black Holes first!
So nothing to worry about.
Sadly that was the best post in this thread.

I'm not an expert on this subject and don't fully understand it so I don't think I can give my point of view on this. (and I don't anybody else here is an expert, so, yeah.) But there are people in my family who are in the field and they say that though there is uncertainty (mostly depending on the unknown effects of clouds) it is very likely that human global warming is happening, either way the earth is warming and (my opinion: ) I'd rather think that we have a way to stop it than simply accept defeat.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
But wtf, 50% less rain in certain regions in Afrika because of 2-3 degree celsius? Seriously? That's pretty absurd.

if memory serves me right, geo class told me that all it took to make the last ice age was a drop in 3 degrees celsius.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I've done a few papers on Global Warming and read several books and papers about the counter theories and fallacies of some of the things that you read about.

One conclusion that I have made from all that I have read is that A LOT of the numbers that you read about are either taken INCREDIBLY out of context or are obtained by questionable means. The science is so hard to prove for a lot of these things and if you have some knowledge of the scientific process, then you can tell that many of the studies do not have adequate control groups. In fact, it's hard to get an adequate control group when there is only one earth...

There really aren't any standards to measuring a lot of the things that scientists have gone around the world to try to measure over the last few decades trying to prove or disprove global climate theories. Many of the numbers that are thrown out there really have no meaning behind them and are used as scare tactics.

It's both absurd to think that mankind has everything to do with climate changes as it is absurd to think we have no impact... but the degree, in my opinion, is much smaller than you are led to believe by the media.

It's also a sad truth that scientists are this closely tied to bureaucrats right now. The entire "global warming" bomb is generating money in interesting ways to many interesting people and places... Science is supposed to be unbiased, but we are seeing some serious money floating around. Are you "green" yet? You had better buy some green products! (or should you?) Not that it's bad to be green... but what do you think your ultimate impact really is?

Anyways some things to ponder: it's still a theory both ways. We really have a very limited understanding of our earth's climate... Most of what we know is just from graphing certain numbers over decades of time...The earth has been here for a longer time than we have adequately measured, so it's all a bunch of guesswork at some graphs that don't show the whole picture.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
We didn't cause the ice age, "did we?" and if the temperature has went up 5-9 degrees thats not a global warmning.
Its Just a normal "climate change" of the Earth after an Ice Age period.

If the earth gets warmer, that's climate change but not the earth getting warmer? What the heck are you talking about?

Also, you got it all wrong. The initial increase in temperature is the sign of an oncoming ice age.
And no matter whether we caused it or if it is caused by the natural ice age cycle - it is happening right now.
And we should prepare for it, instead of trying to slow it down.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
great no global warming! This means the environmental movement is a sham and I can shamelessly consume dwindling resources and pollute freely again, right?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
What the heck are you talking about?
What the heck I talking about?

Well, there are differences between climate change" and "global warming. Bet you didn't know that. lol

Climate change is about much more than how warm or cool our temperatures are. And global warming refers to increasing global temperatures.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
went up 5-9 degrees thats not a global warmning. lolwut?
That's what he's referring to.
Dan seems the most informed and I have to agree with him on several points. Though even if it's not true it has brought a lot of of attention to other issues such as resource and ecological conservation, which means that it even still might have a good impact.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I always thought worrying about the climate was a silly matter to care about right now. There are more deterring things currently.

For example, available drinking water is more and more under the threat of human's chemical products. Source.

Besides, it's a scientific fact that we are in a "global cooling" stage right now, and it is believed that it will continue for another 40-50 years. If global warming is real (which I believe it is), it won't be an IMMEDIATE problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.