Menu in right top gone !!

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hey this is odd very odd

I created a new map made some units in it to test out behaviors this works fine

But the UI panel in right top is gone!!
The only thing I can see is a purple square and a number '2' next to it

Does anybody for god sake knows what's going on here??

MissKerrigan

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
When your problem is occurring, press the Print Screen button (PrtScn). A message will pop up saying that a screenshot was taken and saved to some file. You need to attach that file to your post (use the Upload a File button while creating a post). The screenshot should be saved to the location My Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\[Some numbers]\[Some more numbers]\Screenshots\

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, if you're testing the map through the editor, it'll be in My Documents\StarCraft II\Screenshots. Since you're not logged into an account.

If you're having trouble uploading to TheHelper.net, you can use an image sharer like imgur.com and post the link here.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Alright here is my screenshot, can somebody tell me what the hell is the purple square in right top and why no mineral/gas amounts are shown?
C:\Users\Sebas\Documents\StarCraft II\Screenshots

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Does anyone knows what this is?

I only set the player settings to the right colot, duplicated 3 buildings and give player 1 100 ore in start

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
have you tried recreating the error? did you make a new map and do all the same things? because none of those sound like they would cause this, i believe this would be done in game constants, but im not sure on that, if you tweaked something odd when you did it the first time why not try doing it again and see if it fixes itself.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
I created it again and there was still the same bug however, when I created the new map and placed some units in it, everything was fine untill I started editing some actor date and player setting.

Damn this sucks! it means I can't make this map which I had in mind so nicely

Siretu

Reaction score
Does anyone knows what this is?

I only set the player settings to the right colot, duplicated 3 buildings and give player 1 100 ore in start
Ore? Are you talking about minerals or did you mess around with the resources?

Try doing it all over again, one step at a time. Test between each step and see what it is that messes up the resources. That should give us a better idea of how to fix it. You should also hold the mouse over the pink square and see if it has a tooltip.

You can fix it manually as well. I changed the icons and tooltip in Cruiser Command. To change the tooltip, open the text editor(F8) and find the tooltip and change it. The icons are harder to change right now(although I think it'll be easier in 1.5). I did it by importing a text file that re-writes the resource icons to another path.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
There is shown a tooltip when I hold over my mouse button up the purple icon:

'UI/ResourcesSupplyToolTip_'

But I still can't understand why the mineral/gas tooltips are gone? !

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Found it out, I set the player properties race to 'neutral'
When changing this to 'any' the bug is gone

Think the computer tried to show the supplies of all 3 races so silly....

Siretu

Reaction score
Ah yes. I don't know if you've noticed, but the resource icons and tooltips are different for the different races. However, the neutral race has no icons so they show up as pink boxes. Same with the tooltip.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
yes I noticed that they are diffirent, but normally when playing multiple races, they just appear all instead of a purple box

Siretu

Reaction score
Well, when you're playing with multiple races, you usually have one main race(usually the same as the rest of the UI. When you pick neutral, it doesn't know which icons to choose. You can have custom icons for neutral, but it's some more work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.