Merlin Racing

doctorclu

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
You know, after all this time, what game is it that keeps me setting up a Nuon?
Tempest 3K? Too much in the gameplay going on for me.
Iron Soldier 3? A great game, but a bit buggy.

Ballistic and Space Invaders? Those are actually good, but not as good as...

Merlin Racing! For some reason no racing game has caught me on any Atari system like Merlin Racing. While there are probably many greats out there for racing games (Mario Karts on the Wii was a lot of fun, and networkable!) Merlin Racing is the one game that over time remains a blast for me. Nothing like the thrill and feel of the race, and the joy of sending a guided missile at your opponent! :p

I recently set up my game systems after getting back home after a year, and the Nuon is setup again.. mainly just to play the occational game of Merlin Racing.

One thing I have to say about the Nuon... it might have only had about five or six games, but they were all pretty good to great in my book.

Serblander

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Mine is set-up for T3k but i understand where you're coming from. I still haven't played Merling Racing (yet) in 2-P mode as i didn't want to tear open my second Warrior controller. I did just recently get two CIB Logitech controller, one of which i opened. So... at the next retro event i will sample all the 2-P games that the NUON has to offer ^^

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
It's VLM2, T3K, and the homebrews (in that order) that make me keep my N501 connected.

Serblander

Reaction score
More and more i am starting to prefer T3K over my long term love affair with T2K on the Jag...

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
They released Merlin Racing on Playstation but it was so deep that they released it in 3 separate games. One for each type of racer I believe.

skip

Reaction score
I thought it was three, but they (Miracle Designs) seem to have released four PS1 racing games based on it: XS Airboat Racing, ATV Racers, Miracle Space Race, and Rascal Racers.

Serblander

Reaction score
Haha, i have the Hooters Road Trip game on PS1 :D Got it last year (CIB for a couple of bucks) but haven't played it yet ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.