Metamorphosis hero attribute problem.

Lulzy

Reaction score
Forgive me for losing my patience with the search function. :p

What I want to happen: Get Unit "Barbarian" to use Metamorphosis as an ultimate skill, transforming into Unit "Barbarian (Savage)". Both units will have the same model. Upon morphing, the higher stats/attributes of the Savage form will be used until the duration expires.

What I did: I made hero unit "Barbarian" and copied him for (Savage), edited the copies stats (higher str attribute, different attack type, lower attack cooldown, higher life regeneration, different hue). I copied Metamorphosis and set [Data-Alternate Form Unit]: "Barbarian (Savage)", [Data-Normal Form Unit]: "Barbarian", [Stats-Buffs]: NONE, [Stats-Duration-Normal]: 0.00.

What happens: When i use metamorph, barb doesnt change hue or attributes, he does change attack type, life regen rate, and attack cooldown. When metamorph expires, he reverts completely back into the original form except for changing hue (which he was supposed to do only during metamorphosis)

I try to keep custom units/abilities in the object editor if possible, using triggers if absolutely necessary (I know how to work it fairly well, id just rather have as few triggers as possible). I have never before used JASS.

tl;dr
Using metamorph on hero, but morphed unit doesn't change color or attributes like he should.

O.A

Quantum physics rules
Reaction score
I haven't explored Metamorphosis and the alternate forms enough to say for sure, but I'm pretty sure that, by design, the attributes are not supposed to change (as it is still meant to be the same hero, just in an alternate form). In any case, it sounds to me like the most important parts work, and it should be pretty easy to do the rest with a trigger. Increase attributes for the Hero for the duration of the spell, and change its color with the 'change vertex color' or something (found under Animation if memory serves).

Lulzy

Reaction score
Alright, shouldn't be too hard to trigger it, just wondering if there was a way to work it with object editor

Edit: I ended up just increasing the bonus hit points and base damage to achieve the effect of higher str.

Last edited:
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.