Health Middle-aged woman given young man's heart; started behaving like him

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
sylviaDM0804_468x731.jpg

Yesterday, the Mail told the extraordinary story of how a heart transplant recipient in America committed suicide - just like the man whose heart he had received 12 years previously. In another extraordinary twist, it emerged that the recipient had also married the donor's former wife.

So can elements of a person's character - or even their soul - be transplanted along with a heart?

One woman who believes this to be the case is CLAIRE SYLVIA, a divorced mother of one.

She was 47 and dying from a disease called primary pulmonary hypertension when, in 1988, she had a pioneering heartlung transplant in America.

She was given the organs of an 18-year-old boy who had been killed in a motorcycle accident near his home in Maine.

Claire, a former professional dancer, then made an astonishing discovery: she seemed to be acquiring the characteristics, and cravings, of the donor.

Last edited:

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
You guys see "The Eye"? The plot follows this whole "cell memory" thing that seems to be appearing in the news. They even talk about it during the movie.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This isn't really new. Of course this case is, but it's known for a lot longer time that a heart transplantation could make you behave like the original person.

No, I havent seen the eye.

Reaction score
>who had been killed in a motorcycle accident near his home
Or maybe even better, "who died in a motorcycle accident near his home". Sounds less murder.

I say this is impossible, because it's brains that control human body, not heart.

Bronxernijn

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I say this is impossible, because it's brains that control human body, not heart.

That is what we say now. Remember how humans used to think you could create life out of dead material? :D The point Im making is that science is also subject to change. Who knows what they will find out in 400 years?

Of course brains control the body, but characteristics don't really control your body, they determine your individual. Who knows what the heart has to do with that?

For all of the above the statement IMO is valid.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Hmmm...true there this is a freaky situation, yet I dont believe the hart has anything to do with it. I think it has an other reason, dont know what it is though.:confused:

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
That is what we know now. As I said, science is subject to both change and progression.

So true. IMHO cell memory is very real and can make perfect sense to even the most scientific of minds. Unfortunately many scientific minds can also at times be very rigid allowing them for other great strengths. However it is the biggest leaps in science that came by those who saw it before they could prove it (hypothesis). It was their imagination that opened the doors to the discoveries they uncovered. I can see this same thing with this cell memory. I couldn't tell you mathematically precisely whats going on, but to some degree I grasp the concept of it.

Give it time and I promise you in our life time you will see much more advancements in this field. Then when proof is provided for what many already know, it will shift to status quo. It needs to be publicized first, ha, then it will be true. Just like how, if you were into it, you use to be called crazy for bringing up the N.W.O., or the C.F.R., ect. you were called crazy. Now its common knowledge that these organizations exist. Bohemian Grove is now peaking its ugly head right around the corner. I promise you! You can mark these words.

My Chiropractor for example is into eastern healing, medicine, and acupuncture etc. He can do a psychological, physiological, etc. evaluation of me just by being near. He doesn't even have to talk to me, he reads my body, not my mind. He doesn't even have to touch me, sound funny. And what do I mean by evaluation? He can tell me personal things about myself that effected my development, social life, health etc, even the way my spine developed. He probably knows more about me then he would be willing to share or than I would want him to.

He gets all this buy reading the body, communicating with the "cell memory" and not the brain. Its truly amazing and very humbling, but it does go to show that there is cell memory at least for me. And if you thinks its coincidence then I would say that your probably have more awareness in your body than in your head - just MHO. :D

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Hmm.. what if the cells in the heart replicate, since each cell has DNA, mix the heart's DNA (guy in motorcycle) with the owner's DNA, it's like mixing two people in one body. Maybe that might have something to do with it.

Also, I think the brain is very powerful, and can have psychic abilities :p

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Menopause anyone? Along with a strong believe that a "personality transfer" is what actually is happening.

As much as I attribute cell memory to this phenomenon these could also be contributing factors, but its not a personality thats being transfered here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.